Sound errors

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Well, I just downloaded Cave Story. Installed it fine, and used the English patch. Tried to run the "OrgView Translation Installer" but it errored, and told me necissary files arent there to change. Anyways, thats not my problem.

Cave Story runs great, and the VERY tiny amount I have played, I enjoy. But theres something horribly wrong. The sound is HORRIBLY messed up. The NES-esque music plays perfectly fine. Except theres a few notes that, every time they play, a horrible, high-pitched, low frequency, loud noise comes from my speakers. I have no idea whats going on. Anyone else run into this problem?

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Try downloading the Cave Story Deluxe Package from the Cave Story Tribute site. I know that works perfect to me. You do not have to use the english patch if you download from there I think.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Seems to me that you don't have OrgView, so the patch has nothing to patch. About your sound problem, well, I don't really know much about technical stuff, but have you tried to use different speakers? Or re-download the game? At least that's what I would do.