Save file in Mac OS Mavericks issue

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I read that the save file is "com.nakiwo.Doukutsu.plist", however I replace it with old files from the time capsule, and the save progress states the same (I restarted playing game from a copy and mada a new save). I even deleted two versions of the game completely and installed unpatched Japanese version, the progress stays the same as what I made from a copy. I even deleted that file, it still loads the progress from the second version. I can't locate the save file. I think "com.nakiwo.Doukutsu.plist" is not the save file. Where is it??

There are no other com.nakiwo.Doukutsu.plist files in General folder preferences and I am the only user of the Mac.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Mac version uses the same save file for all copies of the game (in other words the save data is shared). To have an individual save file for a second copy of the game edit Doukutsu.app\Contents\Info.plist and Doukutsu.app\Contents\Resources\Info.plist for that second copy of the game and change "com.nakiwo.Doukutsu" in both files to the name of the new save file you want to create specifically for that copy of CS. I've never tried changing the "com.nakiwo." part of the name, but I may recommend keeping the prefix for consistency and to prevent conflict.