Sacred Grounds Speedrun

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's been a while since someone's done a Sacred Grounds speedrun, so I decided to post mine, just to see what the interest is. It can be found here. Much to my surprise, it appears no one has done better than my time of 3"26'8 for a Spur run. If you have, please deflate me before I get a swelled head. ;)

My time was 3"26'8. I have done better, but I don't feel like taxing my sanity further right now to make another video.

Part I: Went as well as I could have hoped.
Part II: Ouch. I slowed down quite a bit, trying SO hard not to get hit, ...and that brick came out of nowhere. Ah well.
Part III: I made lots of stupid mistakes here. I got smacked around by the Butes, and accidentally swapped to the missile launcher. This only cost me a few seconds, however. I use the life pot here.
Heavy Press: Went perfectly.
Ballos I: He kept hitting me for 10s instead of 3s. Nothing major, though.
Ballos II: This went really well. I got him to the left of the screen so I could kill him in one loop in his next form. I killed him as quickly as I could without a turbo controller.
Ballos III: Killed him in one loop! Yay!
Ballos IV: This is usually where I make a stupid mistake. When I jet up to his head, I miss sometimes and get killed by his eyes. I'm happy to announce that I didn't do it this time.

Comments? Criticism? Expressions of awe? Hate mail? Post here! Also, if you wish, post your best time(s) and any videos you may have.

Nov 28, 2006 at 9:44 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
There's a couple of speedruns by Japanese players in the 2:xx range.