/r/ BALROG .GIF (A++ thread would read again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2007 at 8:01 PM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

/r/ 320x240 sprite / gif

1. Balrog stand at left frame
  2. BIG STONE BLOCK fall from top right > bottom right. Boom. Balrog (surprised) turns to face, bounces away, 2 chip-cized pieces of toast come out of the top. (toasty 'ding' sound balloon (like cartoon))
  3. Lands. Eyes look at viewer and 'blush'.
  4. Somehow go out of frame or just restart.

Forever my gratitude will be given
to those who help and make this.

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:16 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
We aren't a image requesting borad... It's very unlikley that someone will done it for you.

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:52 PM
taifunbrowser

LOL what does that mean. You guys make mods, and you often collab, (I assume) I'll help on whatever yall want to do to get this thing made. The response you just gave was very vague on your intentions: Do you not want to see the final copy of this amazing image?

Apr 1, 2007 at 8:54 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
If by amazing you mean not very amusing at all, yes, I don't want to see the final copy of this amazing image.

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:41 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, well first off the whole (A++ thread would read again) seems to sound a bit arrogant when making a thread requesting that an image be made. I mean, how exactly is a thread about an image request of A+ material or content?

Personallly I think that along with the way you initially proposed this request of this community is why you received the type of negative feedback that you did and I can't really blame them.

It's true that we are not a requesting community, just a community of fans who enjoy Cave Story and modding, but requesting for an image probably would be okay if it were requested in more of a humble manner or perhaps the reason for the request was explained as well, for example. " Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me make a Balrog Avatar that is animated... Here are my ideas that I would like to try..." et cetera.

Also, the link to the forum just seems like we would be creating this for you to the benefit of some kind of April Fool's joke and that we (or whoever would respectfully accept this invitation to create said project for you) would be wasting our time since it would go for the sole purpose of being moderately funny for a single day in a community of people we don't even know.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:50 PM
taifunbrowser
of some kind of April Fool's joke

nah, soemone already hacked our forums this morning, we've had enough of april fools. this would be a general purpose perhaps avatar-worthy image.

And the A+ thread would read again sounds to me like a soothing school teacher talking over a cardomom and cream chai... I dont catch the arrogant vibe O.o

but alright, edited title.

edit: And plus, us stepmanians love teh steppability of cavestory OST's and remixes.

edit^2: Ikachan is cool too

edit^3: Hmmmmm the thread title != first post subject :( *sigh* it'll have to remain until a mod... Aww, you wouldn't? You would! WHOA! Thankx!

edit^4: I'll dedicate some time to helping with a mod if the opportunity arises O.o

edit^5: Opens up paint to start on it myself, but I'm not exactly a graphic artist :(

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:01 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Sucks that your board was hacked. Those issues are never fun to deal with.

Going forward there is the possibility of creating a thread for Avatar/Signature creation for those that are interested as I'm sure some of us might be interested in photoshop/Gimp challenges of editing sprites and such for the purpose of spreading the Cave Story "love" through available avatars and signatures. Perhaps something similar could be started for those who are interested in doing remix projects/stepmania projects and/or flash as well. But there needs to be some organization to it such as categorical approaches and what not.

I'm all for creativity projects and this forum is more or less designed to be just that, a place where interesting projects for games can take place (such as modding/romhacking). But I do think that whoever takes on a request project should at least know the details as to the purpose of the project as to determine if doing the project is worthy of their time spent. I personally enjoy a good photoshop challenge of creating a sprite/game presentation as I'm sure you can see from my signature, however I would only spend time on something I think will last awhile, especially since I'm a busy college student who 'should' be doing homework as I'm typing this.

I just wanted to try and clear up the reasoning(s) as to why your request might have gotten off to a bad start.

Edit:
edit^3: Hmmmmm the thread title != first post subject *sigh* it'll have to remain until a mod... Aww, you wouldn't? You would! WHOA! Thankx!
I'm the administrator and unfortunately not even I have the ability to alter your thread's subject header. It'll just have to remain that way.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:00 AM
taifunbrowser

who 'should' be doing homework as I'm typing this.

Aren't we all!

anyway, this idea sort of sucks now that I think about it, I also have a cave story mod plot, that sucks as well. So, thread closed.

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:04 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm the mod here lol SkyeWelse is the admin...

Edit: Months after; Forget to...

~ Close ~ :(

Status
Not open for further replies.