Prequel Requirements

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Keron said:
Hi,
I feel I would enjoy making a prequel. I have begun no literal work, but have planned extensively into the details of its plot and am worried that I may be overlooking something, as it's in the tidbits where it gets extremely complicated to keep everything coherently bound together. I have been scavenging through others' ideas in this subforum, and am seeing very conflicting theories reading through threads, but I am not sure how grounded they are. Please help clarify! It occurs 10 years before Cave Story, as I'd imagine all prequels do, or would roughly around that time. Here are my assumptions; correct me if I am wrong in any, or if there are important issues I have forgotten.

He did say he would enjoy doing so, and seemed to have been planning fairly hard. I wanted to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, C++ is a good choice. I can respect that. :)

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Misery and Balrog do not make much sense in the prequel, they surely would have known about Quote and Curly in the main game then. In my prequel, Sky-Island Story, Misery shall appear after the fight with Miakid (who is a human General in my game). Her part is a secret though I'm sure you can guess what I have in mind...

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
bcomp
Questions it must answer:
1. How Miakid was defeated, or, that he was defeated after B.C.S. 10 (Before Cave Story, lol :confused:).

2. What IS Miakid? Is he/it even human? I scoured a whole thread on this, which got nowhere very conclusively. Some say it's an ape, or a Crown-mutated human (I'm not sure I buy that one...). But if this cannot be answered, any prequel maker could just bypass it Pixel-style and leave it to the player's imagination, as he did the first two Crown owners.

Miakid is the "Unknown Man (Custom Sprite of BA2)" Sprite in the Unused Miscellanious Cave Story Character Sprites section of http://www.cavestory.org/info_2.php.

it fits the story and theme. what do you think?

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The Unknown Man is not Miakid. We have seen a statue of Miakid. We know (albeit vaguely) what he looks like.

Also, you can't use image tags on paths that are on your computer.