Portal Story

May 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So I'm sure that most of you have played WTF Story, And some of you have finished the current demo and gotten the portal gun, but how many of you have thought of making a mod of that mod?
Some of you have probably thought of it, but I'm still going to make it! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

May 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
pretty sure making mods of mods is frowned upon

May 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It is but somehow some other guy manages to get away with it and only make minor graphic changes!
He changed the red to blue!
That's it!
Mine just uses the (amazing) resource ASM hacks made by girakacheeser!

May 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
right, because that other guy's was so totally popular and everybody loved him

May 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
well the good thing is that leaf doesn't have the commitment, or resources to actually make this a reality.

May 14, 2012 at 5:07 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It is but somehow some other guy manages to get away with it and only make minor graphic changes!
He changed the red to blue!
That's it!
Mine just uses the (amazing) resource hacks made by girakacheeser!
Do you know what's a COPYRIGHT? That means you must have Gir's permission to use his graphics etc. And you maybe meant assembly hacks. Resource hacks are pretty easy. Good luck then.

May 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Yeah uh don't do this, I don't want to have yet another argument about its legality/sillyness

May 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Sensing sarcasm...
No seriously, I know his mod sucks, and I just thought it would be fun to make portal in cave story, it's just a fun idea that I will probably never finish.
EDIT: sorry, I started writing this and then my computer froze up, And then I had to get off, so I didn't see any of the posts exept for noxid's one.

May 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Sensing sarcasm...
No seriously, I know his mod sucks, and I just thought it would be fun to make portal in cave story, it's just a fun idea that I will probably never finish.
EDIT: sorry, I started writing this and then my computer froze up, And then I had to get off, so I didn't see any of the posts exept for noxid's one.
Really don't do it, man. It will only cause you trouble. Maybe start from scratch? Or find someone who will help you?

May 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I probably just won't do it at all, unless someone actualy knows how to make a portal gun.

May 15, 2012 at 3:42 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Haha, that sounds great! Portal + Cave story = awesome! The idea is cool, I would Definetly play it. :p

May 17, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
the problem with this mod concept is that momentum in Cave Story is bonkers. It works amazingly as a platformer shooty game thing, but the maximum speeds for falling and running are simply not enough to make a portal an effective device. The game is far too... floaty for this to work.
That's why is was an extra in WTF Story.

May 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM
And that's the reason I probably won't ever even release a demo...