Nintendo Wii Impressions

Nov 20, 2006 at 3:36 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well anyone here actually manage to get one? I should have pre-ordered, but I was planning on holding off for awhile... a couple of months at least, that was... ahem.. until this morning when I had such a craving to play the new Zelda.

I was able to get Zelda (which is getting harder and harder to find), but no Wii I'm afraid. Not yet at least. From the buzz was for Nintendo having made enough to supply the demand I felt pretty confident that I'd be able to grab one this morning, but instead I fount that it only lasted for 5-10 mins at the opening of business today at most stores I went to.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find one this week, but with it being Thanksgiving and the "day-after" and all, I doubt I'll still be able to find one. : (

Well, for those who did get it? What do you think of it so far?

-SkyeWelse

Nov 20, 2006 at 3:44 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
My friend IMed me around 10 saying that his Mom was at Toys R' Us at around 8 this morning and they had 140+ Wiis left after preorders, so it seems Nintendo stepped up in the department. I'm waiting until my birthday in March to get one, however, since for Christmas I'm going to be getting a load of PS1 and PS2 games now that I fixed an old PS2 my friend gave me.

The only thing I've heard so far is that Wii Sports is fun and Red Steel is mediocre - bad controls and bad story.

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:50 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well I finally got one. Finally. I managed to get one last Wednesday and I've been playing a great deal of Zelda: Twilight Princess ever since. The overall control scheme of the Wii is very creative and fairly precise. A great deal more precise than I ever expected it to be and more importantly, doing the actions required of the Wii Remote and additional Nunchuk controller are easy to do and quite fun. I really have to say that compared to the price of Xbox 360 and PS3, the Wii being half the price and coming with a game (Ah it has been so long since this business model of having a launch game come with the system, good to see it back) and additonal features such as various channels, Mii's and internet connectivity either through ethernet or wireless, I'm certainly more impressed with the Wii over the other two. As the saying goes, Wii would be a fine example of getting more for your money... that is unless you really care about HD DVD or BlueRay, then I guess the PS3 and Xbox 360 are deals in themselves... albeit expensive deals.

So far Wiis are still hard to find, but they are every bit worth the wait in my opinion.

-SkyeWelse

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'd like to ask those that have had their Wii's for some time now, what do you think of it? Additionally, what games do you find are the most fun?

I wanted to buy one awhile back, but I could never get my hands on one, and from what I hear, it is still pretty difficult to find them (at this point, I'm a little short of funds anyways). However, there is at least one game coming out on Wii that I must have (Fire Emblem: Goddess of War), and there is also a rumor that Suikoden VI will be making the switch to the Wii. I think personally that that would be excellent news, because the Wii is so much cheaper than those other systems. I would also love to try the Zelda game on the Wii, as I imagine that would be a blast.

So far, the Wii is really the system that has captured my attention out of all three (though I haven' played with any of them as of yet), so I'm interested to hear what Wii owner's think about it.

Jun 15, 2007 at 6:16 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
At first I thought it was kind of cool but wasn't too interested, (in any next-gen anything really) but after hearing some friends opinions I've gotten quite interested in one...

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:02 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Zonder said:
I'd like to ask those that have had their Wii's for some time now, what do you think of it? Additionally, what games do you find are the most fun?

I wanted to buy one awhile back, but I could never get my hands on one, and from what I hear, it is still pretty difficult to find them (at this point, I'm a little short of funds anyways). However, there is at least one game coming out on Wii that I must have (Fire Emblem: Goddess of War), and there is also a rumor that Suikoden VI will be making the switch to the Wii. I think personally that that would be excellent news, because the Wii is so much cheaper than those other systems. I would also love to try the Zelda game on the Wii, as I imagine that would be a blast.

So far, the Wii is really the system that has captured my attention out of all three (though I haven' played with any of them as of yet), so I'm interested to hear what Wii owner's think about it.

Hey Jimi! I mean Zonder,

Been awhile my friend. Hopefully you are doing well these days. : ) Yeah Wii's are a lot of fun and while many of the games are really fun to play, Yoriko and I are having a blast simply doing the Internet Channel (Watching Youtube.com on your TV and such) and participating in the "Everybody Votes" Channel where you can vote on stuff and predict what other Wii users in the United States might vote on as a majority. Pretty fun stuff. Anyhow a friend of mine, Adam just recently got a Wii today and we exchanged what's called a Wii Address, which is a number that is associated only with your Wii. By adding Wii addresses you can drop messages, pictures and Mii characters and other misc game stuff that they plan on coming up with later on your friend's Wiis and such. So if you end up getting one someday, we'll definitely have to exchange the Wii addresses. Games like Animal Crossing for the Wii will allow you to visit the custom made towns that your friends have made, walk inside their houses and leave them gifts and stuff, so it's going to be pretty interesting concepts to consider while playing the Wii online.

Anyhow, maybe I'll catch you on myspace or facebook sometime if you use those. I just recently signed up for facebook since it's a pretty nice tool for networking with college student and has less spam than myspace.

If you do decide to get one, good luck with finding one for sale. They can be pretty hard to come by still. lol

-Thomas