New Cave Story beta Footage

Aug 26, 2024 at 6:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Somebody send me this via discord, but idk if these pics are real, seems like test footage

Attachments

• css3.png
    css3.png
    771.5 KB · Views: 20
  • css2.png
    css2.png
    863.5 KB · Views: 18
  • css1.png
    css1.png
    730.4 KB · Views: 20
Aug 26, 2024 at 7:23 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Absolutely not real. These are pictures of the Cave Story Beta Remake by Voxashi taken on an old crappy camera - you can tell by the last screenshot, which matches the room to the far right of the starting cave, which is custom-made and not based on any existing footage. Either they're lying about having the beta or are trolling you.

Aug 26, 2024 at 7:28 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Absolutely not real. These are pictures of the Cave Story Beta Remake by Voxashi taken on an old crappy camera - you can tell by the last screenshot, which matches the room to the far right of the starting cave, which is custom-made and not based on any existing footage. Either they're lying about having the beta or are trolling you.
Thank you, so it's a fake footage then!

Aug 26, 2024 at 8:16 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
>recorded with the most potato camera imaginable
>off of an LCD screen
>in 2003, by the time development of the final game was well underway
>and featuring a wacky vhs timestamp

Kids today will fall for anything huh

Aug 26, 2024 at 9:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pronouns: he/him
in complete honesty, yes. if you go on any sort of well made beta recreation of any game, or an arg/analog horror video which takes elements FROM early, unreleased prerelease builds of any game, you'd probably see at least one "beta kid" going "is real? is this real?"

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2024 at 11:09 PM
Gay AF
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: She/Her
Honestly, a Cave Story analog horror could hypothetically work. But fuck if I know what part can be used to make it "scary".

Aug 27, 2024 at 12:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
do not play cav stort beta remake at 4 am what happens next is SHOCKING

Aug 27, 2024 at 12:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
puu CAME TO MY HOUSE IN REAL LIFE KILLED MY RABBITS AND STOLE ALL MY Chef Boyardee brand Beefaroni™?!?! NOT CLICKBAIT?!

Aug 27, 2024 at 12:21 AM
Gay AF
Fuck it, do what Unknowingly did and make "The Mimiga Mask incident". Ironically, it sounds less like horror and more like the premise of Changed.

Aug 27, 2024 at 12:34 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
im sorry but while i don't know what that means, i'm kinda chuckling at the idea of a Cave Story version of the blue shell incident

Aug 27, 2024 at 8:16 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
>recorded with the most potato camera imaginable
>off of an LCD screen
>in 2003, by the time development of the final game was well underway
>and featuring a wacky vhs timestamp

Media literacy is a problem in the age of hyper-condensed content. It's hard to absorb information properly if you're not given enough time to breathe, especially as a child or a teenager. Things these days are so saturated that people are growing up expecting this information to be available in an easy to digest social media post or short form video. Tbh adapting CS's community and trivia into those formats more would get it to younger audiences, that's NICALIS's job and I don't think Aar wants to became a cave story youtuber again.

Sincerely hope the government actually follows through on its crackdowns on brainrot lol.

Aug 28, 2024 at 12:36 AM
Gay AF
I have considered making youtube videos again, but I don't think Cave Story would be the ideal subject to work with, especially when I don't got much of a reach outside of these forums and, well, my friends in FFXIV. And I can assure that none of them would really care about the game anyways. And even then, what's there to talk about besides the Nicalis ports and mods? It'd be a different story if I still had my old youtube channel, but I deleted it 6 years ago... :(

Sep 2, 2024 at 3:24 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Honestly, a Cave Story analog horror could hypothetically work. But fuck if I know what part can be used to make it "scary".
I had tried it once, but some other ARG stole my thunder and some guy got mad at me over it
That channel is now being repurposed for a different and more original ARG

Sep 2, 2024 at 9:04 PM
Gay AF
It shouldn't be a bad idea to continue attempting at it, with how many Minecraft ARGs out there that all share the same fucking storyline and tropes (Alpha/Beta versions, hidden player entity in singleplayer, dark shadowy figures, mysterious structures, interdimensional), there really shouldn't even be a drama in regards to two separate Cave Story ARGs from two separate people, you know what I mean?

Back