Mugeneko

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:08 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
p214304-0-uggld3m.png

'Bout time I redid this thread.

Mugeneko is a melee based platformer that follows a catgirl in a quite bad physical state as she wanders the land as various calamities unfold, she'll journey far as she fends off foes, explores the world, and prepares dinner.

The plans for this title, albeit a bit large for the very few people contributing to it, are there to push me and the other developers past our limits to provide a title that atleast shows how much love and care can be put into things with little to no backing in the modern age. Visuals are an important feature, right behind kinda unique and interesting gameplay, as the game grew from a Cave Story clone I had to set it apart more to give it a better shot at succeeding. Another interesting idea I've had in mind is cooking and hunger, requiring the player to gather ingredients and cook them with the right cooking stations. However, the hardest to achieve out of all of these is a goal for gameplay that could last much longer than Cave Story, with ensured quality throughout, with extra game modes such as a deathmatch and a level maker, though the focus is mainly being put into the campaign.

WIP​

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2016 at 5:46 AM
Stoned Member
Well, that build is kinda old, and again, early-early-early-alpha. (and I made that level just as a joke to test the engine, I might let you guys see the actual first level in the next build)

Level editor is gonna be much more "hidden" in the next build too,
But yeah this is an early build, things will get better! (hopefully)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2016 at 6:37 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Enemies seem to clip into the ground when you get high enough to get them offscreen,
Punches makes enemies teleport backwards instead of pushing back, which means you can punch enemies into walls.
Other than the unreadable intro message and the transparency issues with the character that zxin noted, this looks good to me.

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
Could you have the download be a standalone exe rather than an installer? Click the dropdown for more filetypes when you're exporting your project - I think standalone exe is called "single runtime executable" or something like that.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Stoned Member
Could you have the download be a standalone exe rather than an installer? Click the dropdown for more filetypes when you're exporting your project - I think standalone exe is called "single runtime executable" or something like that.
I know I know, It used an installer because I thought something didn't install correctly for my friend, I'll upload a new build in a bit.

...Also I dunno how to fix the enemies, they use the same code as the blocks in the anti-lag script, but they deactivate a little after the blocks do because of their larger hitboxes.