Map System and Nikimaru Counter

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:21 AM
"Huzzah!"
2 9 0/circle
Why does this sound familiar from somewhere...

X-Calibar said:
This should be the part :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d8p1AwSsw#t=05m00s

Nikumaru... I just googled it randomly and saw this :
"Nikumaru, meaning "meatball" in Japanese"
lol umm...

Not sure.

As for the map system I thought the gunsmith could have made that. Maybe before he became an old hermit? It is awfully close to the village...

Oh...
Beast Fang=explained.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The map system was made by Booster/Kazuma/Momorin/Itoh to explore the island more fully. As I remember, there is a note about "exploring more fully" left by Booster in the Prefab Building, which anyone who knows anything about Cave Story knows is the humans' house from when the first came on the island.
As for the Nikumaru counter, it was placed on the island by a god.
And that god's name was Daisuke Amaya, known to modern mythology as "Pixel."

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@sixtysecons. I 100% agree with u regarding both the Map S and the NC.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM
inactive user
trickybilly said:
@sixtysecons. I 100% agree with u regarding both the Map S and the NC.

I sincerely thank you for your support.
:(

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I like the idea that Arthur (or some other similarly-brave Mimiga from the past) created the Map System. Who says a Mimiga can't come up with something that complicated? And who else besides them or a small selection of 'bots would both have the capability to explore the whole island (living long enough/being brave enough/having a reason to) AND have a REASON to make and leave a map with a note of optimism attached (wouldn't be Balrog, Misery, Doc, etc)? Then again, thinking of it that way, it could possibly be Jenka or Ballos (some good droplet left in him after being sent to the island), but they'd do something fancy and magical like a map scroll, not a computer system.

Now, the Counter definitely does seem like something that Jenka, Ballos or the cthulhus would make. Cthulhus just because. Jenka because she's one of the few people who even know about the sacred grounds and might think that if anyone ever attempts to assault it some day they'd become so good at it that they'd have use for such a thing (super unlikely). Ballos probably makes the most sense because it's like he's daring people to come try their luck at the Sacred Grounds.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM
inactive user
ragnaroq said:
I like the idea that Arthur created the Map System. Who says a Mimiga can't come up with something that complicated?

Me.
:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D