KVTC: Castlevania - Death is the Mastermind

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:55 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Welcome to another episode of Kageryushin's Videogame Theories Corner. This time around we have one revolving around Castlevania! Remember, this contains spoilers and assumes you're already familier with the storyline. So, let's begin, shall we!?

Since Symphony of the Night, it has been stated that Dracula's main motives stem from the deaths of his beautiful wives, the first from a plague, causing Matthias, as he was originally known in the Castlevania series, to rage against the heavens and make a deal with Death to become Dracula, the second by the hands of the very humans his wife tried to heal, turning Alucard temporarily against humans and cementing Dracula's genocidal tendencies. Notice the women looked exactly alike, they even have very similar names, since Lisa is a shortened form of Elizabeth.

This can't be just coincidence, and who would benefit from tearing out the vampire's non-beating heart and stomping on it repeatedly?

Maybe it's his buddy with a boney bosom that we all know as Death. Death is one of the few constants in every game. He is absolutely always there. Notice how he has nothing to say to Dracula's reincarnation Soma, though you would expect him to. Why? Perhaps he orchestrated the repeated doomed romances to manipulate Dracula to do evil, downgrading Drac to a huge sucker and elevating Death to the mastermind.

Mina Harker, Mina Hakuba, whatever, whenever she dies, Soma turns evil without even bothering to stick by and check if she's actually dead. Chaos just pops up during his moment of weakness and rapes his soul. Another reincarnation of Elizabeth, perhaps?

Death’s plan is working.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM
Jul 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kageryushin said:
Welcome to another episode of Kageryushin's Videogame Theories Corner. This time around we have one revolving around Castlevania! Remember, this contains spoilers and assumes you're already familier with the storyline. So, let's begin, shall we!?

Since Symphony of the Night, it has been stated that Dracula's main motives stem from the deaths of his beautiful wives, the first from a plague, causing Matthias, as he was originally known in the Castlevania series, to rage against the heavens and make a deal with Death to become Dracula, the second by the hands of the very humans his wife tried to heal, turning Alucard temporarily against humans and cementing Dracula's genocidal tendencies. Notice the women looked exactly alike, they even have very similar names, since Lisa is a shortened form of Elizabeth.

This can't be just coincidence, and who would benefit from tearing out the vampire's non-beating heart and stomping on it repeatedly?

Maybe it's his buddy with a boney bosom that we all know as Death. Death is one of the few constants in every game. He is absolutely always there. Notice how he has nothing to say to Dracula's reincarnation Soma, though you would expect him to. Why? Perhaps he orchestrated the repeated doomed romances to manipulate Dracula to do evil, downgrading Drac to a huge sucker and elevating Death to the mastermind.

Mina Harker, Mina Hakuba, whatever, whenever she dies, Soma turns evil without even bothering to stick by and check if she's actually dead. Chaos just pops up during his moment of weakness and rapes his soul. Another reincarnation of Elizabeth, perhaps?

Death’s plan is working.
I haven't played much castlevania but that seems like a well thought out theory.

Anyone notice the above pun? :D

Jul 24, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kageryushin said:
I fail to see the connection.
Unforturnately, neither do I.

Jul 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM
jcys810 said:
Unforturnately, neither do I.

That contextually makes no sense.

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Justin-chan
Kageryushin said:
That contextually makes no sense.
Who said I was trying to make sense ):

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
Who said I was trying to make sense ):
That would mean you, with complete intent but insufficient merit, have knowingly strayed on the path of the possessers of the one uniquely unmatched ability that potentially renders all attemps at a sensible discussion in vain, courtesy to the fact that any conversation in such an environment is but a deliberately incompetent pretext to make sense.

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
That would mean you, with complete intent but insufficient merit, have knowingly strayed on the path of the possessers of the one uniquely unmatched ability that potentially renders all attemps at a sensible discussion in vain, courtesy to the fact that any conversation in such an environment is but a deliberately incompetent pretext to make sense.

Makes sense to me.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:22 AM
Respwnt
Kageryushin said:
Makes sense to me.
It's supposed to

Jul 26, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Justin-chan
I'm confused.

Thanks, Roonil.

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM
Respwnt
Did I, without considering the possibility that I missed an important idea to mention, somehow not express my deep disapproval of the afforementioned unforgivable action on your part? Or need I shout out loud that my last statement of wisdom, contradictory to what was stated later, made no sense?