Joy2Key with SNES USB -not working-

May 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Joy2Key with SNES USB -not working- *fix*

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Pretty much joined for this post right here. I've searched the net and could not find an answer, so here goes....

I bought one of this and it works great for every game I use it on, but...

For some odd reason it just doesn't want to work with Cave Story. Couldn't figure it out. Next I tried using Joy2Key, and I couldn't get that to work either.:(

I've actually used my PS3 controller, in the past, and it's more of a hassle; also the blinking light gets annoying, and it turns my PS3 on when I unplug it from my PC.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to how I can get my SNES USB controller to work? Or if anyone has had a similar problem? Really really don't want to have to use the keyboard.

Can't wait to play this game!:D
Thanks.

*edit*
Found a fix!

May 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Did you actually set the controls? I've used a Logitech Precision Gamepad for Cave Story and it works fine.

May 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oops?

Yeah, don't forget the DoConfig.exe that should have come with Cave Story.
I've had to reset my controls several times =/

May 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
And my controller has buttons marked from 1 - 10, but it gets input into the computer as 0 - 9. Try that.

May 31, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, the controls were the first thing I tried, but they did nothing. the only way I was able to control the game, was if I unchecked the "use gamepad" box. My controller is an 8 button controller, so it should be perfect for the game.

The only thing that seems to work is the keybored, and I can't seem to get Joy2Key to even work. The first thing that should be working is the D-pad; movie up and down, to select if you want to start a new game, or continue. Not a thing.

May 31, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Solved it!!

Solved it!!:D

Thanks anyways, for everyone's help!:o

Solution: Turns out it was my Saitek Gamers' Keyboard. under my "Game Controllers" settings in control panel, it had this listed. I don't even own one of those! That's what was interfering with my SNES-USB controller. I'm going ot see if I can use the device manager to remove it. Hopefully it's not integrated into the keyboard.

My quick solution was/is to just unplug the keyboard, and then the controller started working fine. What's odd about this, is that my SNES-USB controller works fine on everything else. Very strange.

Thanks again all. hopefully this will not happen with other gamers. I'll post anything more, if it dose; so others will have a solution to go off of.

May 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HID-compliant game controller

*Update*
Found this page here, with the same problems talked about.

Here is what I did:
Went into Device Manager, found out which one is was, and disabled it.
before:
p69694-0-358087165589c0e0205eo.jpg

after:
p69694-1-358168349043409dbc99o.jpg

Everything works great now!:D
What a stupid problem:(

Good gaming!

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Banned
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Cotabato bombing has signs of 'test mission'

The deadly bombing near a cathedral that killedreplica watch five people in Cotabato City on Sunday has the signs of a test-bombing mission of secessionist rebels, a military spokesman said Monday.Armed Forces of the Philippines spokesman Lt. Col. Romeo Brawner Jr. cited reports that the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF)’s Special Operations Group (SOG) had just completed bomb-making training."Maraming nangyari in the past na sila angwatch replica may kagagawan. Ayon kay Lt. Col. Ponce, ang SOG ay katatapos lamang magdaos ng training sa bomb making. Ang nakikita natin parte ito ng test mission nila," Brawner said in an interview on dzXL radio.[We have seen past instances where thefake watches MILF’s Special Operations Group was involved. According to Lt. Col. Jonathan Ponce, spokesman of the Army’s 6th Infantry Division, the MILF-SOG had just finished a training in bomb-making and there are signs latest bombing was a test mission.]Also, he said there had been intelligence reports that the MILF-SOG was planning to "plant and detonate bombs all over Central Mindanao."He said local authorities in Cotabato City are still interrogating at least one suspect who was arrested after local churchgoers reported his "suspicious" behavior.But MILF spokesman Eid Kabalu, in a separate interview, denied the MILF’s hand in the incident, saying the MILF had nothing to gain from such an incident."Ang PNP ngayon kasalukuyang very busyfake watch pinagtatagpi-tagpi ang pieces of evidence para lang makakuha ng conclusive findings. But ang Army, hindi pa nga tapos ang imbestigasyon, ay sinabi nang MILF ang may gawa. [The police are still trying to put together pieces of evidence, but the Army is already pointing to the MILF]," Kabalu said.Kabalu called for an "independent" investigation of the incident by a third party, preferably an international group.On the other hand, Brawner said they welcome ancheap watches investigation by international groups, saying that the explosive was placed apparently to target churchgoers, which constituted a "terrorist attack."Brawner also said the incident may be an obstacle to the peace talks if the MILF is indeed involved.Government and the MILF suspended formal peace talks last year following attacks by rogue MILF units over the Supreme Court’s junking of a memorandum of agreement on ancestral domain."Nakakalungkot isipin na ang ganitong pangyayari ay mukhang magiging obstacle sa peace talks. Hopeful pa rin tayo na matuloy ito. [It is sad that it may become an obstacle to resuming peace talks. We are still hopeful the talks will resume]," Brawner said.