Issues with Game Freezing

May 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've recently installed Cave Story Deluxe, and the little bit I've played is amazing. The problem is, the game will occasionally freeze up for no obvious reason and lock up the entire computer, requiring a restart to get the computer working again. When it freezes, neither the game nor the computer are responsive.

I've tried alternate configurations, reinstalling the game, re-uploading the executable to reinstall the game, reinstalling and correcting my graphics card, and nothing's worked, or even improved the problem. Has anyone else run into a similar problem, and do you have any ideas as to what the causes are or how to solve the problem? Thanks.

May 26, 2008 at 4:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've found the source of the problem. Apparently, my hardware acceleration was set too high, causing lag so severe it froze the system. I've fixed the problem. Thank you all regardless.

May 26, 2008 at 4:30 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Wewt! Easiest help topic evar!

May 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Heh, only two posts and I've already helped some noob with his problems.

May 27, 2008 at 12:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Flare said:
Heh, only two posts and I've already helped some noob with his problems.
. :)

May 27, 2008 at 2:04 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I have a similar problem. Whenever I open my inventory or the map system for the first time after starting up Cave Story, it freezes for a while before opening. I've tried to ignore it but it's VERY annoying, especially when trying to debug a mod. Is this the same problem you had Flare? If so do you know how to lessen Hardware Acceleration on Vista? If it's not does anyone else know what the problem is?