Gaps between letters in my Ukrainian translation

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, I began translating the game to Ukrainian recently using the Cave Editor. When I load the game, I see that the text has some random extra spaces between some letters, like in the picture.1668155160838.png
What should I do about this?

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:33 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That may be due to the type of font being used. I do suggest either switching to the Japanese version and copy the .tsc files over, since that doesn't use any specific font for the text, or just modify the font type through DoConfig (that can be easily done through @Mint's CSconfig, just to avoid the hassle of using a hex editor).

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:37 PM
Based Member
It's also possible that you're experiencing the same issue that was reported in this thread. You mentioned that you were using Cave Editor, so maybe it's not the same issue, but if you've opened this mod up with Booster's Lab at all, then it's possible that you are experiencing the same encoding issue that other people were having when trying to translate the game into Finnish.

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for your answers! Unfortunately, neither switching to Japanese version nor using a different font worked. Now, I want to try using Noxid's standalone TSC editor, but I have a REALLY dumb question: how do I even open it?

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:32 PM
Based Member
First you need to have Java installed. The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) should be enough for running Java applications, but you can also install the Java Development Kit (JDK) if you want. If that's installed, then simply run the .jar file like it's an EXE.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
There are probably a grand total of two people who ended up having to use this method, but you can use the command line (I think it's java -jar file.jar) to open a jar file if it just won't run like an executable.