game informer sets new world guiness gamers edition record.

May 3, 2011 at 1:18 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The title says it all a few game informer editors set a record by playing ssbb for 30 straight hours.Now call me nuts but im gonna try and top it.

May 3, 2011 at 1:24 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Have fun with that

May 3, 2011 at 1:55 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Marx said:
The title says it all:
A few game informer editors plan to set a record by playing Super Smash Bros Brawl for 30 straight hours. now, call me nuts, but i'm gonna try and top it.
I edited it so it's readable

no but seriously spaces after your periods at the very least come on

May 3, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Marx said:
The title says it all a few game informer editors set a record by playing ssbb for 30 straight hours.Now call me nuts but im gonna try and top it.

You're nuts :p

May 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sexplosive said:
Marx said:
The title says it all:
A few game informer editors plan to set a record by playing Super Smash Bros Brawl for 30 straight hours. now, call me nuts, but i'm gonna try and top it.
I edited it so it's readable

Why did you edit it to say plan? This already happened, you know.

Also why did you uncapitalize the "now" in the last sentence? If you're going to correct something, you shouldn't be adding errors.

May 3, 2011 at 3:53 AM
i said readable, not perfect

also i don't know man. i just don't know

May 3, 2011 at 5:27 AM
/end
Only 30 hours? That is easy as hell to beat.

May 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM
The problem is surviving id need a lot of soda and a pretty big racion of potato chips.

May 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
Only 30 hours? That is easy as hell to beat.
Yeah, that would be fairly easy. On the launch I stayed up about 20 hours nonstop with my friends playing and by then I really wasn't that tired still.

Marx said:
The problem is surviving id need a lot of soda and a pretty big racion of potato chips.
Surviving off of that for 30 hours would probably make you throw up all over the place XD

May 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM
much better then dying of hunger (after all i could miss school).

May 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM
or you could, you know, cook some stuff beforehand and heat seal it
(think a thermos)

May 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Thanks for the idea but no (i want to use this chance so i can eat lots of potato chips without mom saying otherwise).

May 5, 2011 at 12:15 PM
that isn't to say that you can't eat chips :o

Listen I went without eating anything except (a little bit of) rice for 30 hours one time for a charity, and I imagine that eating a lot of chips would have the same effect, if not worse. You're going to be fucking exhausted, and starving by the end of it. So sure, eat some chips, but also prepare something with some substance that will give you the energy you need to get through this thing.

plus chips give you sticky, greasy hands that make holding a controller really awkward :s

May 5, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Since chips are greasy (they have fat), they would be more filling than rice. So being full wouldn't be a problem.

I find that I get sick of chips rather quickly, since they really do have no substance. If you try to go for 30 hours on just chips, it probably won't be the most pleasant experience. Have some meat or cheese or something else handy.

And if you're really going for 30 hours, get a good night sleep.

May 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I would suggest a diet primarily of fresh fruits, water, cereal and other things that are high in carbohydrates and easy to digest. Eating heavy foods like meats may actually make you more tired as your body needs energy to digest it (Like how you always feel sleepy after thanksgiving dinner) and high-sugar drinks may make you feel like you have energy for a short time, but the crash afterwards is a highly unpleasant experience.

May 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Ok, I`m a doctor, here is my advice.
1) Playing that long could be dangerous. I`ve heard stories one playing much without stop, went out to the street, where he collapsed and died. I can`t suggest doing it from a medical standpoint.
2) It seems you can do that much, but in reality it is harder than it seems. I`m a competitive FPS player, once I played many matches in 5 or 6 hours marathon (forgot) and was tired as hell. I always played with really good players, and I won a Tournament too, yet was tired. My dueling opponent too, and he was a hardcore gamer. I am privileged to know personally one of the greatest players of Quake in the world, never saw them trying to play 30 hours in a row.
3) Sleep is a key factor. If you really want to do this, sleep before that as much as you can. Even more than 10 hours. As much as you can.
4) I don`t know if you allow yourself breaks. Breaks would help you to relief.
5) It is important to have plenty of water. I don`t suggest fizzy drinks. You can take multivitamin effervescent too.
6) Food should be mixed and have a greater variety. Might sound funny, but including vegetables and fruit is also a good idea. They will also keep you fresh and feel better, which might have a very little impact on your gaming skills too.
7) Let in some fresh air and natural light if possible. Open the window.
8) If you feel really bad break off immediately. In case of feeling really bad don`t attempt to stand up of lay down too suddenly. Do everything slowly without haste.
9) I bet a current record holder went through some preparation before he started this. That means getting used to playing more gradually. It`d be harder without preparatory training.
10) I wish you all the best. Sorry if my advice sound strict, but I want to advice only what I see is the best for you.

May 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Keep mind of #8, especially if you have low blood pressure. I once stood up after playing video games for a couple hours and fainted.

May 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
So are you going to play Subspace Emissary for 30 hours straight because I can't imagine what you'd possible be able to do on Brawl for that long if you already beat it.

May 5, 2011 at 8:48 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Don't be silly. He's going to play Desert Bus instead.

May 5, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
You'd probably lose, though

Just don't, you know, die while attempting anything like this, like a few others....
On the bright side, you could enter that as a record; there's definitely enough competition for it.