Game doesn't end? Cave Story+ for Linux

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First time playing Cave Story. I have the HIB version of Cave Story+ for Linux. I already had to fix multiple filename capitalization issues which makes me suspect they didn't really test it...

Anyway, when I beat the game it rolls credits, and then gets to the end (Cave Story The End, with a bunch of characters lined up) and just sits there. My only option is to hit escape and go back to the main menu without saving. Is this normal? Does the game save the fact that I've completed it at all?

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Renevith said:
First time playing Cave Story. I have the HIB version of Cave Story+ for Linux. I already had to fix multiple filename capitalization issues which makes me suspect they didn't really test it...

Anyway, when I beat the game it rolls credits, and then gets to the end (Cave Story The End, with a bunch of characters lined up) and just sits there. My only option is to hit escape and go back to the main menu without saving. Is this normal? Does the game save the fact that I've completed it at all?

Yes that is normal. Yes the game (should) save the fact that you've completed the game, unlocking challenges and such if you got the best ending.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, I figured I probably didn't get the best ending so I guess that's why nothing unlocked. Thanks for the quick reply.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just finished the game a while ago (although it was the Steam version) and it happened the same. I was afraid it didn't count :(

Thank you for the relief :(

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is the game that doesn't end, yes, it goes on and on my friend, some people started playing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because this is the game that doesn't end, yes, it goes on and on my friend, some people started playing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because this is the game that doesn't end...

Sorry, I had to.

On topic again does getting the nemesis still unlock the nemesis challenge in HIB CS+ Linux? That may answer the question of whether or not challenges are being unlocked.