Does anyone speak japanese?

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:40 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apr 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: No.

I mean the clickable images that have text in them.

Apr 24, 2011 at 8:55 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I know some Japanese. Admittedly I don't immediately recognize some of these words, but if you give me a sec I can find out.

OKAY HERE'S WHAT I COULD FIGURE OUT
ひもじ[??]- Himoji(??) - I don't recognize that kanji at the end, and I don't know how it's pronounced for this particular word, so I can't find the actual definition (though himoji alone means hungry)

こうしん - Koushin - I... I have no clue. I found a lot of definitions for this word.
けいじばん - Keijiban - It means Bulletin Board. Pretty confident about this one, since it links to a little comments page to post comments on.
ゲーム - Gemu - This is actually an English word in katakana. It's "game."
もの - Mono - When I usually hear this, it turns verbs into nouns (e.g. nomi-, to drink, becomes nomimono, which means beverage), but I doubt that's the right usage here. A Japanese dictionary I found also lists the following definitions: "the natural thing; a frequently done thing," "used to express emotional involvement," and "used in giving a reason."
リンク - Rinku - Another katakana word. It means "link."

If you give me until tomorrow, I can get in contact with someone who lived in Japan for a good handful of years. She'll know much better than I.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Yes

WoodenRat said:
I mean the clickable images that have text in them.
Ah, didn't see those words on the very very bottom, and assumed when it had translated that those were the images translated into text.
Anyways, just hover your mouse over the link/view image, that gives you the general idea of what it links to.
From left to right:
Think it's "Updates" or something similar.
Something like "Bulletin Board", which makes some sense, it seems to lead to a sort of comments page.
"Game" {Double checked with translator}
"Mono" {Possibly something else of the same meaning} Apparently not, if Cripple's right.
"Link" {Also checked}

EDIT: And there's the previous post edit, that I now see...

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:55 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I was able to get the kanji character on the end of Himoji as usable text, and the general definition is "village." In other words, the title of the page translates to Hunger Village or Hungry Village, or something of that ilk.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'll translate what I know and what isn't already properly translated.

もの - Mono - This means "stuff". Mono means "thing(s)", but unlike Koto, it means tangible things.
ひもじ村 - Himoji mura - I don't know what it means by himoji, but it basically means "Himoji Village", and google translate wanted to translate it to "Hunger Village".

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Pirate Member
Thanks for the help bros

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:37 PM
graters gonna grate
Can anyone tell me what "Tsukito kimino siduku" means? I can't find a translator that translates phonetic spellings :muscledoc:

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wedge of Cheese said:
Can anyone tell me what "Tsukito kimino siduku" means? I can't find a translator that translates phonetic spellings :(

Heh, if correct translation is important to you just post it in Yahoo Answers asking a native speakers help. I`ve got an answer for a Japanese translating problem in 24 hours from a japanese guy...I`m not telling you to be lazy of course :)
EDIT: Here you go: http://www.dicts.info/2/english-japanese_romaji.php?word=Tsukito+kimino+siduku&begin=Search Phonetic Japanese is btw. called "Romaji" .
EDIT2:Ah still won`t show the answer...are you sure it`s Japanese and not Chinese or similar?

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM
Been here way too long...
I disagree with chinese and japanese being similar.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Chinese and Japanese have a similar writing system (basically Japanese stole the Chinese characters and made up their own language), but phonetically they're quite different.

However WoC are you sure that's correct? Since if it is supposed to be japanese, then I don't know the phonetic equivalents of "si" (maybe it's "shi")
and "du" (this one's odd).

If I try to do it as "Tsuki to kimi no shizuku" I get "The moon and your tears".

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM
graters gonna grate
Hmm... Maybe the computer's translation is actually more accurate than the human translation...

The original Japanese chars:
lolwut-1.png

The computer's phonetic translation (it won't give me a full translation for some reason): Kimitotsukinoshizuku

A human's phonetic translation: Tsukito kimino siduku

A human's full translation: Drop of you and the moon (which doesn't make much sense, so I thought it was a mistranslation)

Perhaps the correct thing is "Kimito Tsukino Shizuku"?

edit: okay yeah just realized that was exactly what you said. So yeah, "The moon and your tears" must be it; thanks!