.DAT placement for Wii version

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey, i'm new to this forum, but I have a kinda big question: I'm planning on copying my save file onto a mac to play it on there, and I'm wondering: Is there some type of folder system I need to follow for the save file to load onto the mac cave story or do I just put it in the same folder as the dmg/game itself? I'm not good with Macs, someone please help me

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:39 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Welcome to the forums!
Lucas said:
Hey, i'm new to this forum, but I have a kinda big question: I'm planning on copying my save file onto a mac to play it on there, and I'm wondering: Is there some type of folder system I need to follow for the save file to load onto the mac cave story or do I just put it in the same folder as the dmg/game itself? I'm not good with Macs, someone please help me

from the wii? No. From a pc? Eh, it's a little sticky, even if you're used to using macs. It's on the cavestory tribute site here. It's a python script, so I hope you have a python reader.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh, perfect. Sounds troublesome, but do-able.

Edit: Oh, wait... CLI... NVM, I'll uhh... Wait for my netbook

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pretty sure for the Wii it was recoded so it wouldn't be a simple matter of copy and paste =( Though I wish it was, I think game systems like to monopolize their memory storage.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Actually, the Wii version does little more than recompile Pixel's original code. The Wii .dat file is just three regular ones stacked on top of each other with some metadata at the beginning or end, I don't quite remember which. It would be a simple task to copy-paste it and just separate the files with a hex editor or something.