CS music has become buggy

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's been several months since I played CS, so I don't know exactly when this happened; but, the music is really choppy now that I go to play again. It sounds like the audio equivalent of a poor frame rate.

My sound card is uptodate, and I've reinstalled DirectX. The diagnostics in dxdiag don't detect any problems; CD audio plays fine, whatever audio format youtube videos play in plays fine, .mid and .mp3 play fine. All other games I've got are OK, too. The CS sound effects all sound right; it's just the music.

Is anyone already familiar with this, or have any technical info on .org's that might give a lead?

Jan 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
Furypants said:
It's been several months since I played CS, so I don't know exactly when this happened; but, the music is really choppy now that I go to play again. It sounds like the audio equivalent of a poor frame rate.

My sound card is uptodate, and I've reinstalled DirectX. The diagnostics in dxdiag don't detect any problems; CD audio plays fine, whatever audio format youtube videos play in plays fine, .mid and .mp3 play fine. All other games I've got are OK, too. The CS sound effects all sound right; it's just the music.

Is anyone already familiar with this, or have any technical info on .org's that might give a lead?

im sure theirs already a thread about this but just re download cave story happened to me

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh god, I know well enough to use search. Blame frustration and fatigue for the oversight.

Problem solved /thread and thank you for the hand :)

Jan 3, 2009 at 8:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
Furypants said:
Oh god, I know well enough to use search. Blame frustration and fatigue for the oversight.

Problem solved /thread and thank you for the hand :)

no problem

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Andwhy haven't you made the thread you promised to make?

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
(first post on this forum ^.^), there's another thread about the music messing up but this one's more recent so...

i have the same problem, and i recorded the sound output using camStudio+Free Studio Manager's mp3 video rip, but anyway

i re-installed cave story, twice, tried updating my sound driver, i have a Dell OptiPlex GX620

when i open the ORG viewer program i can listen to the music as it sounds in game, and its glitchy... here's the mp3 of some songs: http://www.savefile.com/files/2007567

all other music files work perfectly fine on my computer

any help please?

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
sorry for the double post, but i found a way to fix it! *squee*

k, so on windows xp, click start->control panel

then open "sounds and audio devices"

open the audio tab and click on the "advanced" button under the "sound playback" thing

click on the performance tab and slide the hardware acceleration from full to the second one from the left, or whichever one works.

w00t fixed