Could use some help

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey all I bought the humble indie bundle and been playing cavestory+ a ton having a lot of fun with the game. But I just walked out of the room after drowning and left curly in the room and the door shut. I walked out and saved... So after realizing im a idiot I have been trying to go back and save curly.

But I can't I tried getting saves from http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_saves.php but when I download those they come out as 2kb files and my current profile is 129kb and when I load up the 2kb save it says it is corrupt and refuses to open.

I am pretty annoyed I some how easily left her behind but since then looking it up I would not of been able to rescue her any ways as I talked to the guy who fell so was screwed any ways. So could I get some help how can I get a correct save? I am hoping for one just after the whole drowning sequence with her.

Ahhh so annoyed messed it up but the game has been really fun enough that I can for the npc enough to try and undo all this :muscledoc:

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Those saves are for the original Cave Story. I'm not sure where you can get some CS+ save files, but remember to search the room first next time.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
The saves from the Tribute Site only work for the original, I believe.

Edit: Ninja'd

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM
inside is yello
"..."
See this:
andwhyisit said:
Not sure if this would help anyone but I wrote a program that compiles vanilla CS Profile.dats into a single CS+ Profile.dat. Run it in the same folder as any Profile.dat files that are renamed to either Profile1.dat, Profile2.dat or Profile3.dat. I figured it might help in cases where you would want to test specific parts of the game to confirm specific bugs. *shrug*

http://www.mediafire.com/?eim09ag07rl52oi

It might be a good idea to add the save converter to the Tribute Site.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
This should be in the TECHNICAL ISSUES section (by the way)

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks mentioning there was a difference in games I found a bit about using a hex editor and so used one of those saves for the old game to put into the new save file and now can continue on my happy little way lol a bunch of responese since the last one I read sorry I didn't realize it should of been in the technical issues section. But that was how I ended up solving it got the cygnus hex editior and put the data into a save file made in the cavestory+.

That converter sounds like it would of made what I did much easier.