Cave Story X for Xbox Homebrew Released

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:45 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I just discovered today that Cave Story has finally been ported over to the Xbox Homebrew lineup with the current version being cavestoryx.v2.0. You'll need to have a modified Xbox to play it, but so far it looks nice. It does have a little bit of slowdown issues with it, but once that gets improved on it'll be nice being able to play it full screen on our televisions. It also allows for instant save states, multiple profile.dat slots and the ability to cheat with unlimited ammo or life. It's unknown to me whether or not mods or custom org files can be converted to work with the emulator program.

-SkyeWelse

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SkyeWelse said:
I just discovered today that Cave Story has finally been ported over to the Xbox Homebrew lineup with the current version being cavestoryx.v2.0. You'll need to have a modified Xbox to play it, but so far it looks nice. It does have a little bit of slowdown issues with it, but once that gets improved on it'll be nice being able to play it full screen on our televisions. It also allows for instant save states, multiple profile.dat slots and the ability to cheat with unlimited ammo or life. It's unknown to me whether or not mods or custom org files can be converted to work with the emulator program.

-SkyeWelse

:D damn non modded x-box -_-

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Some of you people need to keep an eye on the CS Livejournal since this is old news.

xristosx said:
:D damn non modded x-box -_-
Yeah, no-one ever answered your question, but I would think it would have to be modded. Personally, if I had an x-box I would have gone to get it modded the moment I heard the news.

ufo_z still hasn't released "Cave Story PSP release candidate 2" which was supposed to have multiple profile support.

Sep 26, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Now instead of playing Cave story on the computer with an Xbox controller, I get to play Cave story on an Xbox with an Xbox controller! If I ever get an Xbox. :D

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:00 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Atravir, I gotta say. That's a really original idea for a signature. I really like it.

-SkyeWelse

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
SkyeWelse said:
It's unknown to me whether or not mods or custom org files can be converted to work with the emulator program.
It might be possible to change the data files (the files that are usually in the data folder in the windows version), but any changes that have been done to the exe in the windows version will be difficult to emulate, I know I could change the data files in the PSP version if someone can help me understand this:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/571/

Sep 29, 2007 at 7:17 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
SkyeWelse said:
Atravir, I gotta say. That's a really original idea for a signature. I really like it.

-SkyeWelse

Thanks! :D

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
No-one ever seems to be able to help me with this.

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:02 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
No-one ever seems to be able to help me with this.

probably because everyone hates you ;)
kidding probably no one here really knows how