Cave Story question!

May 6, 2005 at 5:32 PM
Tayin
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

But anyway, I'll go ahead and ask away.

What would happen if you went to the Labyrinth Shop while still having the polar star, but without the fireball (yes, you don't HAVE to get it)?

May 6, 2005 at 11:18 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I'm not sure actually. That would be good to add to the secrets faq if there is anything different. I may try that out to see what happens. Interesting idea to try for sure. I believe that the Cave Story tribute site may have a profile save that can get you to the start of Grasstown with the Polar Star (default weapon), so that would save at least sometime if you or anyone else is willing to try this out.

-SkyeWelse

May 7, 2005 at 10:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
As I recall, you need to talk to Santa to find out about getting through the fireplace (so you can then check Chaco's fireplace and activate the Jelllies). Talking to Santa automatically gives you the Fireball, as well. How would you activate the Jellies without that sequence?

May 14, 2005 at 2:03 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well I tried this out a few days ago and unfortunately there is no way by conventional means to get by Chaco's Fireplace without the use of Jellyfish juice. The only way to trigger the Jelly enemies to appear on the screen is by talking to Santa after unlocking his house, which ultimately is the event where he gives you the fireball weapon. If you try talking to Chaco prior to completing this event with Santa, she simply states "Have you met Santa yet? The scaredy cat?"

So there doesn't seem to be any normal means of making it to the labyrinth with the polarstar and without the fireball. Although, there may be a way to do accomplish this through profile hacking, of which you may or may not get new dialogue from Chaba. Most likely not.

-SkyeWelse

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:00 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
*facepalms*

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
JacobX891 said:
Uh... I'm certain you're supposed to post replies into the same thread where the post you're answering to is.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
^ :
There are people who want to be treated as idiots. I've dedicated all my life to fullfill their wish.

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
a wise gut for JACOBX891 said:
There are people who want to be treated as idiots. I've dedicated all my life to fullfill their wish.
. .

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
Someone broke the rules. *glares at Jacob*

You bumped a thread without having something to contribute to it.

Can a MOD *cough*sp*cough* by any chance clean up this spam.

Ontopic for once (and something along the lines of what jacob should have done):
I think it is possible to test this idea with a hacked save. If I ever remember.

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:26 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
......... failage.

ontopic remark
@Andwhy
even if you have the hacked save, does it make any change? It's not likely that Pix-sama would have prepared any special events for if you don't have Fireball when you see Chaba.

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Hoxtilicious
Oh Em Gee O.o
I didn't saw this.

Jacob, please stop your spam
or you'll recieve a warning and a ban.

Aug 25, 2008 at 12:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
It was a joke, and I'm probably the only one who laughed for 15 minutes afterwards.
We all got the joke and didn't find it funny.