Cave Story not running on Macbook

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to run Cave Story on a Macbook running Leopard 10.5.8 and it keeps crashing within seconds of the app running. A window opens but it's blank.
I've tried a few different downloads, I've tried it with or without the English patch and I'm drawing a blank.

Any ideas?
I'd love to be able to play this game...

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've watched a guy install and play the game on his mac laptop thingy. He had to download the regular (japanese?) .exe and then applied the "Mac Patch" if I recall.

Or maybe I wasn't paying good attention. But I'm pretty sure that's what I remembered.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I run Cave Story on a Macbook and it works fine, so I zipped mine and uploaded it for ye:http://rapidshare.com/files/320484739/Doukutsu.zip.html

It's probably not going to work since you've already tried multiple downloads and they didn't, but you may as well give it a shot.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's a specific Mac install, the mac patch is to translate it into English.
I just can't get it to run for me.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yakkers said:
I run Cave Story on a Macbook and it works fine, so I zipped mine and uploaded it for ye:http://rapidshare.com/files/320484739/Doukutsu.zip.html

It's probably not going to work since you've already tried multiple downloads and they didn't, but you may as well give it a shot.

That was very nice of you but it still won't work. I've no idea why not at this stage.