Cave Story New Weapons

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Spure.PNGParty Popper.PNGfireball.PNG
NEW VERSION.
Fixed some stuff.
I don't know coding but I will try to get the MSF mod working somehow.
Also, The Quote Santa thing is kinda weird, since the original NpcRegu file is fine.

This is a simple mod. Replaces most of the weapons with new ones. Some are lazy imo but I think I kinda did a ok job.
Features:
Multiple Save Files.(By:Noxid)
New Ways to get weapons (except Polar Star and Spur)

If I did something wrong in this mod well, crap.

Studio Pixel
Noxid
Some Weapon Scripts by Noxid, CyberSleuth, Hina, and Txin (thanks you four!)
You for no reason.
lexiP oidutS

New Download

Download

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 1:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
its fixed now.
Problem was that it said i could attach a zip file and thats what i did.
Im dumb.

Aug 15, 2022 at 4:59 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
i'll be writing this as i play the mod to accurately represent what i'm feeling as i go through the game

1660572707491.png
if you're applying the multiple save hack you're supposed to make it work! i know there is no template image for it included with the hack itself but it's super clunky this way, difficult to work out unless you know exactly what buttons to press

i may be kissing my own ass here but i love seeing my weapon hacks being used, makes me feel useful
you picked the quirky one, hope it's as useful as the regular gun

i honestly had an idea to make a cave-story-but-different mod like this, with mostly just weapon changes, but i'm not sure how well-received it would have been. but hey, now i can watch from the side and see it for myself, while being a reviewer at the same time

i didn't even look at toroko as i shot her, now that's badass...ness. badassery. I'M COOL OKAY

i had to fight balrog at super close range to utilize the most out of the gun's dps, because if one bullet flies out you have to wait for all of them to disappear to shoot again. neat i suppose, but i don't see the gun having a long run because of it. but there are trades in the gaaaaame

1660573450947.png
the story has been unchanged so far, so it's a good thing i haven't touched cavestory in a long time. that way i am not too bothered with replaying it AND i get be hyped for new guns

yeah, level 2 decompiler decomplier is pretty horrible unless you're in the enemy's face. level 3, on the other hand, is... pretty! not sure how useful it is just yet, but it looks stronger

1660574662913.png
hey, that's new. i wonder what's inside?
1660574697456.png
a slightly bad TSC because it took a while to register me using the chest, please check your event #
but hey i get a new fireball here, looks neat
oh no, i can use the chest multiple times
1660574773998.png
is it =burner= or =swapped ball=?
1660574810175.png
is long

1660574988859.png
i guess the price of the fireball is no missiles... sad
i am enjoying the burner though, turns out it works with all the flying bugs in egg corridor
1660575099175.png
wait, huh? i- uhhh
1660575124954.png
uhhhhh
1660575142061.png
haha
i got greedy (and you missed a D in <END)

haven't noticed until now how low the XP maximum is on the decomplier. one hit and you lose a level, just like with the blade

p377941-0-na6ydma.png

what are YOU doing there, mister
p377941-1-azje4te.png

no it's not
his walk back home is terrifying, he keeps switching between quote and santa. maybe there's some new transformation magic going on? i think i want in on that

p377941-2-6jjzq9e.png

i don't think i understand you, mister
some bad line breaks there but thanks for the lifepot

as useful as the swapped ball was in egg corridor, it mostly sucks here. unless you're sniping down critters
and kulala gets destroyed by it too. never expected anti-air guns to have a place in cavestory honestly. aaaand i'm off to get the bubbler
p377941-3-tpmixnf.png

goddammit it doesn't exist

i wonder if i can do the bat boost with 3 hp
eh screw it i'll go the legit route i think
speaking of the bats, being perched up on the roof of grasstown is not safe anymore. thanks anti-air

oh dear lord i forgot about the manaan
i'm going to have a bad time... none of the weapons i have are particularly effective against them
one death later, i'm through and at the save point. i spotted the missile chest on my way up there, i wonder if i can get the launcher there?

p377941-4-megy184.png

yay... it is the missile launcher. the regular missile launcher?
at least i can fight the manaan more normally now..? why is it normal though? couldn't you make it a grenade launcher or something? i don't want to be mean but i want NEW WEAPONS like the mod name suggests =w=

once again, the anti-air prevails against the flying balrog. jesus christ this weapon actually has a HUGE potential somehow
aaaand it also destroys balfrog. it's the best boss weapon ever
this mod is the reverse of the original game - the missiles are used for regular enemies and the fireball of all weapons is the boss killer. it's fresh!

i'm done with the grasstown and lowkey hyped to get rid of the pistol in favour of the machinegun, just to have a long-ranged alternative. provided that is still the case!
wait, wait wait wait. what am i going to fight curly with? dammit. i... think i'm in a bit of a pickle, but let's give it a shot
barely beat her with the anti-air gun because one of her children jumped at me and left me with 1 hp haha

p377941-5-w5sdkfr.png

i still love them being all adorable, jumping around you after you say you're with them. it's so cute

p377941-6-dc3c1eb.png

what's a polar star? anyway yes give me the gun
p377941-7-oojyp86.png

this looks like a shotgun, is it a shotgun? i hope it's a shotgun, i like shotguns

p377941-8-kpqnmsm.png

curly is chaba confirmed???
the bullets are a bit funny looking, wonder if it's of any use in combat

it deals amazing damage but dear lord that recharge time is god-awful
holy fucking shit it kills omega in 7 hits from full health. yes please i will be rolling with this gun, thank you curly for not using it on me
at this point

i do not feel like doing the fetch quest for the old woman right now so i'll be dropping it for now, but if you want me to do the rest of the mod i'll gladly continue

that's all for now, i hope the "review" helps you in a way

Aug 16, 2022 at 12:10 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh this review helps alot.
I forgot about the burner thing lol.
T i m e t o c o m m i t t h e f i x i n g.

Aug 16, 2022 at 8:16 AM
hi hi
and to help you with the title screen:
p377944-0-zwo4c8a.png

the profile menu (and the arrow) is on the right by default, i'm pretty sure. here's a reference that i used in one of my mods to figure it out (ignore the red, it was for science)
p377944-1-4gcuh9j.png

Aug 16, 2022 at 7:33 PM
hi hi
since i'm bringing in a good enough reply i'm going to double post and there's nothing you can do to stop me

i picked up the game right back at jenka's house and went back to see curly
1660668386522.png
interesting, i kinda like the new style

1660668599240.png
field day for the anti-air gun

1660668811806.png
i just realised she has an active fireplace, wonder what's inside?
1660668886559.png
yaaay
ew limited ammo
oh jesus it's the one that alternates. that's an aaaaah from me
you forgot to change the behaviour when shooting up and down though

i wonder what the old woman is going to give me instead of the life pot? i kinda want to find out, even if that means giving the last dog away
she gives... the life pot. useless hag, time to reload and leave you on the ground. should have been useful

i got killed by a skullstep for the first time in my life

if somebody mentions meltdown 2 to me i'm going to have a meltdown, too
toroko time

1660669928971.png
king was my mate all along
cool thing, it passes through walls
wonder what it does at level 3, because its description implies it does not come back. i bet it turns into a kylie haha

1660670208203.png
oh i'm going to love using this weapon
the turbocharge seems to be doing nothing. no use getting it, then, i suppose i better retrieve an earlier save and get here with the decomplier

DO NOT EVER DO THAT, IT DOES NOT OFFER YOU ANY WEAPON SWAP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
fuck

1660671087945.png
level 3 boomerang shoots bubbler spurs to the sides? and *always* sideways, even when shooting horizontally

oh dear got level 3 is absolutely shit. unusable to the point of projectile vomiting. how did you not see this
well i'm one weapon down, then

1660671566702.png
two-cycle pooh though. i love the blaster

1660672193716.png
she's using the GUN
and she doesn't care about the bullet cap so she's better off with it

the little fuzz babies deal 1 damage so i can finally get my boomerang down to level 2, enabling me to use it!

i can't beat the core with my current weaponry (and because i'm stubborn and i keep going there with 3 hp) so i'll leave it here for now

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:46 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HOLY CRAP SHE ACTUALLY USES THE GUN!
HOLY BLOOD STAINED SANCTURARY I DID NOT KNOW THAT!