Can't escape first room (controller issue)

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, it looks like I can't escape the first room. More specifically, the "down" control isn't working on my D-Pad. I'm on a Mac, using a MayFlash Wii-to-PC to use a Classic Controller to play Cave Story+. The funny thing is that all the other controls work fine (including "up") and "down" works perfectly on the menu screen—only in-game does it stop working.

I'm using the Humble Indie Bundle version but have tried the Steam version as well. I'm wondering if this bug exists on the Mac App Store version as there is a vague 1.1 update that addresses "controller issues".

Anyone else out there using a Classic Controller to play CS+? Success?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
On the Controls menu, select "Set Up"

It will step through each of the actions and allow you to rebind what buttons do what.

Since the down works in the menus, it will likely allow you to rebind the Down action to whatever button is performing the down in the menu.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks for the suggestion Maxim, but unfortunately I've tried that and it doesn't fix the issue. When I go to set up the controller, I can set all the keys without issue, however I don't specifically set the "down" control. When I set "up", the "down" is determined automatically by the game.

I know that the setting sticks, however, because after completing the controller setup, I can easily navigate the menus with the controller.

I've come across a couple other mentions of this issue: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2308068

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Maybe there's a JoyToKey equivalent for mac