Beta Drum Resurrection Project [ACOMPLISHED]

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:55 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

I finally did it!​
I put the Beta Drums in the final version, And Its MUCH easier than it seems. I would like to thank Noxid, Mike Aruba, Gir, Pixel, And that other guy for all the support given. Now I tutorial.​
Download Noxid's Orgkutsu​
Apply the hexdata junk to your executable​
Replace the normal drums with the beta drums (Copy pasting works)​
Do Runme or whatevs​
TEDEH, U GEET DARUDE DRUMSTORM​
p194060-0-d1crad2.png
k.​
So I really dislike how low quality the drums are in the final version of Cave Story. So I went on a quest to attempt to bring the beta drums back from the dead. Currently I can only manage to try and emulate them in pixtone format. I got some pretty good stuff from it, but I suppose there are other means of doing this. Hacking would be an obvious step to retrieving these.
Noxid's wav drum hack (Autohacker) Won't work for some reason. *sadface*

If I am correct, a ddl file or something along the lines of that could extend Cave Story's functionality to allow it to use wav drums, while also pitching them constantly to get different... pitches.

I'm devoting this thread to reviving the drums from the Beta Version of Cave Story, I badly want to revive them.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why don't you just extract the drum files that you need from the beta org viewers, and then import those into orgmaker or Cave Story (whichever you need)?

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:43 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
I'm not sure if it would simply work that way... If you use resource hacker to look in Cave Story and look, there is no wave folder. I presume there would be a way to impliment it, Now that I think about it- the reason Noxid's wav drum hack may not of worked is because I forgot to put the drums into the executable.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:50 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Pronouns: he/him
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1740]
No, I didn't add it in. It's in Cave Story alright.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:54 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
Ah, sorry- my memory may not be serving me correctly. As I stated earlier, it is possible that Noxid's wav drum hack actually works- But I just forgot to put the drums in the folder.

---Edit---
I just tested it, sadly it doesn't work. But I noticed how right before it closed I heard a SMALL part of the bass drum I tried to put in... Is this a sign?

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fun fact: Cave Story actually stores its drum files as pxt's, not wavs. The original beta orgplayers probably store them as such as well, so you should be able to swap them out by pulling out the sfx with tonepusher and pushing them back in with the new ones.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
Tone Pusher Won't load the orgveiw executable. If I am correct- It uses wave files for the drums.

Orgkutsu works? I didn't try swapping out the drums yet- lemme' do that.

Back