Backing Up CaveStory+

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:31 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do you back the save file up for CaveStory+? I can't seem to find it in my Library/Preferences folder. Does it still use a plist?:debug:

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I don't exactly see what could go wrong with your saves, we weeded out all the save-corruptions during the beta testing.

It seems I can back up my saves by simply right-clicking Cave Story+, then selecting back-up game files. This is also how you can back up most other games.

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ahhh, sorry I forgot to mention I downloaded it through the Mac App Store. I'm on OSX Lion.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Oh. Well then I would recommend you find your saves through Finder, and simply make copies of them. I'm only assuming this is possible, I don't use a Mac.

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Does anyone have any idea where the save files are on the Mac when Cave Story+ is purchased through the Mac App Store? I can't find them in the ~/Library/Preferences folder! I really want to update, but I can't until I back up my save!

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I know for a fact that the original Mac port had the save file inside the application (by ctrl-clicking and clicking on "show package contents"). Click on "Contents" and the save file would be "info.plist"
I have no idea where it is in the Mac version of Cave Story+ because I do not have it.