Artwork and Stuff

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What a festive picture of Misery! I also like all the ones from the previous post. Keep up the great work!

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:01 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh that's awesome! The ones in the previous post were okay, but I love the one of Misery blowing snow out of her hands. It's simple, yet the visuals are really captivating and expressive. I especially like the effect of the snow blowing out of her hands in fragments, that was really well done. Also nice touch with the snow Balrog.

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:25 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Thank you guys!
After Cave Story I just want to see her happy sooooo uhhh

Here's another one
mizzy2.png

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:26 PM
Based Member
That is pretty good. I like the expression on Misery's face. It suggests that she's relaxing and feeling comfortable, and yet seemingly pondering something or maybe sharing an intimate moment with someone who's out of frame. I also like the fog effect of the heat coming from her cup of what looks like hot chocolate. Very warm vibe.

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:27 AM
War criminal
Oh hey, I made a couple draws for the holidays, who would've thought?
zy28oh.png
o7x9x2.png

Dec 20, 2023 at 11:01 PM
Based Member
Heh, that second one is kind cute, with the way that they're pulling apart and looking a bit embarrassed as if someone just walked in on them during a festive make out session. And the joint drool is a nice touch that captures the feeling of it being kinda gross but also showing a clear connection between the two.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:58 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It's still the start of January, happy new year everybody!

Wish you a very Cave Story-ful year :orangebell::pignon:

2024_mis.png

Jan 28, 2024 at 12:16 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
F*ck it, new OCs:
Player 1 and Player 2

Player 1 and Player 2.png
Player 1 and Player 2 Full Bodies.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 8:40 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
i haven't drawn anything proper in like a year (and still counting)
this is only a sketch but it's clean enough to share
it's not likely that it's getting past this phase, so whatever : P it's better than nothing, considering motivation is hard to come by
24-02-08.png

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:55 AM
War criminal
Have a very summer-y drawing considering it's still winter where i'm at.
im663d.png

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:58 PM
hi hi
despite not exactly being in the mood or wanting to draw, i decided to try my hand at drawing something similar to what i posted here the last time. it turned out fine, so i figured i could post it here. no reason not to, right?

24-02-11.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:29 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Nice sketches @Hina, the proportions/anatomy looks very correctly done and the lineart is really clean. Getting yourself to draw when you're not in the mood is also pretty impressive (I could never do that, haha). I would love to see these coloured some day! (no pressure though, of course)

@Serri neat art but one thing that's bugging me is that it feels like the right and left sides of the coat don't behave similarly in terms of how they conform to the body. Could just be an illusion though, not sure

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:03 PM
hi hi
@IdioticBaka1824 your request for no pressure has been noted and ignored. too many people, including yourself, have been asking to see this worked upon and/or with colours, so here's some basic flat colouring.
24-02-08 repaint.png
i deliberately ignored giving too much detail to eyes, even though that was always my thing, to keep it all pretty simplistic. i hope it hasn't taken away from the final result.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:58 PM
hi hi
i got sick last week but i'm better now. this means i basically stopped drawing for a few days but i think i'm back on track again, although i'll probably be slow no matter what
anyway, here's a new line thingy because i still feel like i'm not ready for proper lineart
24-02-14 (finished 02-21).png

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:34 PM
hi hi
today i felt like being lazy and i ended up treating the sketch like lineart and doing some sort of shading underneath it
maybe i shouldn't be sharing every single thing that i draw, but then again, i actually don't do that
practice is practice, right?
marisa scribble.png