A eulogy for my laptop

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:52 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Dedicated to "Hippie", the HP tx1000 notebook/tablet PC
Febuary 13, 2008 - January 17, 2009

And lo, what cruel fate be this, that my most precious of belongings should fail my most basic need, casting me to bitter, cold oblivions; much as the coffee I drink. And with this failing comes such loss of works both personal and public, concealed under a veil of absolute darkness; as there is no window to view the soul of this blessed but battered machine. Even it's sense of touch, once the proud guard and gate to my secrets, lays numb and cold, unable to scan my unique digits. Furtherly, the source of it's power, and even the structure it rests most trustily in, lay sundered and torn as jagged scars to a hellish truth. Even it's most basic input, that row-ad-row of charactered keys, worn most on Z, X, D-pad and Alt + Tab, sits useless and unsympathetic to my pleas for it to function. Through all the dust, scratches and worn plastic coatings, it was a beautiful, rugged, and compassionate machine, built in it's Oriental proxy-homeland of China, and shipped to the cold artic of Canada, to be laid into my hands and my ward. If, perhaps a fateful door had not closed upon it in full force, then this marriage of power and control might function today. But nay, that heavy pine-and-aluminium assailent did crush upon thee, weakening thy body but untouching thy mind. As such it fought for life, augmented by a new window to its soul and a desire to function. It fought for many months, but alas, it was dealt a death blow by an unknown foot early in the month of Janus. And so, my prescious platform of power, prescision and unerring logic, I commend thee to thy top-shelf grave, so that one day a blessing may give thy heart and soul a home anew, so that thy mayest delight in your basic and primal needs. May the Father of Machines smile upon thee, His faithful servant, and grant thou peace. Caches to caches, rust to rust. Amen.

Or, if you prefer.
The screen, fingerprint scanner, keyboard and battery are all damaged, so my laptop is sitting on a shelf until I can transfer it's hardrive to a new machine.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:05 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My it rest in peace and live on through a new computer.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:21 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I remember when my first laptop died. It was a Dell Latitude and it crashed for the final time during a report I was typing up. It wasn't its fault though. I just pushed the little fella way to hard. He simply wasn't built to run World of Warcraft, but I made him do it anyway. I also took him apart to try and fix him up, but all the kings horses, and all the kings men, couldn't put lappy back together again.

Since then I have purchased a Macbook Pro and I absolutely love it. Such a powerful machine, sleek design and has the best of both worlds since it can boot either Mac OSX or Windows XP/Vista natively.

Best of luck with your next laptop purchase, whatever it may be. : )

-SkyeWelse

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:27 AM
SkyeWelse said:
Best of luck with your next laptop purchase, whatever it may be. : )

-SkyeWelse
Ha!
Purchase.
I'm broke.
u_u

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
kesiannya.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:36 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I feel your pain.

Rest in peace, Hippie.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:59 PM
On the plus side, I have drugs now.
:3

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:25 PM
graters gonna grate
Lol, reminds me of when I got my laptop. Only a week after I got it, I was angry at it and vented my frustration by pushing on the screen... a little too hard. Luckily I just had to replace the screen, not the whole computer.