Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
a.) This person doesn't like the song. Given the subjective nature of art, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad song

b.) Assuming it really is a bad song, you should keep in mind that making one bad song is not inconsistent with being a good composer

c.) No one was born good at anything. If you're not yet as good as you wish to be, you just have to sink more time into it. Whether you can afford this investment in time or not, that can somewhat depend on how lucky you are in terms of other commitments or changing interests
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Hmm, interesting. I don't know about all the technical musical terms mentioned in the comment, but fwiw it sure sounded good to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
Everyone else thought it sounded good.
Mint
Mint
If anything I feel like they can appreciate the effort you put into it and threw in a couple cents as advice rather than just critism.
It's good to see if said advice can help you improve rather than see them as reasons why something isnt as good as you hoped to be.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
"I can tell you put actual effort into this track" makes it very clear that he thinks I don't usually put effort into tracks and everything else I made is shitty to him.
Also, I know this person in real life.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
With everything you do there will always be critics. You can take criticism if you feel they make a good argument or ignore criticism if you feel it is off the mark or far too personal, but don't give up because one solitary person doesn't like your stuff.
Mint
Mint
This may sound harsh but either way you're gonna have to be able to handle critism, especially when it's constructive.
Having someone tell you you have a good direction but could still improve with tips to go along with it will always be miles better than just 'It's good'.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
If you think I can't handle criticism, you're dead wrong.
If I couldn't handle criticism, then I would be telling him that he's wrong for having his opinion. If I couldn't handle criticism, then I wouldn't be questioning if I'm actually good at composing music.
I am NOT a retard like you clearly think I am.