Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
I too am scared about the future and have no advice, but just want to send some love and support your way. You can do this!
WheatleyMF
WheatleyMF
honestly definition of 'adult' is very subjective and can vary in everything, and honestly there no point in imagining the life this far - this *will* feel overwhelming for now, but nothing falls upon us out of nowhere, and by the time when new responsibilities will approach you, you'll be ready, and there is no point in anticipating that, and hey, you're not the only one going through all of this, so don't forget about everyone around ya - if anything, there is always support around
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Once again, you're being too hard on yourself and forming some unrealistic expectations, both positive and negative, for how things are going to be in 3 years. Just focus on bettering yourself now, and the life skills will come naturally. The mid teens are some very formative years; a lot of aspects of your thought process are going to change, most likely for the better. Just live in the moment, strive to learn and do the right thing, and by the time that you're 18, odds are, you'll be pretty confident in the path that you're on.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
For more context, my school recently started doing a career class, and it started stressing me out, and overwhelmed me.
I was already worrying about my life when I become an adult, but the career classes made me begin to think about it more.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Ah, that makes sense. I've always been of the opinion that the way schools execute their "career" programs is kind of dumb, and generally does more harm than good by wasting the time of students who already know what they want to do, and pressuring everyone else into immediately making life-altering decisions just so that they're doing things "by the book." Thinking about what you want to do long-term is a healthy thing, but I wouldn't worry too much about whatever expectations this class is burdening you with. The nuances of career development seldom translate well to the classroom.