Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Cibryll
Cibryll
You can only have like 7 items in the teleporter thing, I think?
That's two more than vanilla Cave Story.

Teleporters ain't easy to work with...
which is why LS had the warp doors. LSZ would've teleporters though.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
Really? I'll have to remember that for later. It's funny really, I've still got to learn how doors in CS work. May you succeed in your mod, Kim.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Thanks.
Do you mean animating Doors with ANP?
If so, direction 2 opens, direction 0 closes. Animation stays 0000, though.
Or just use DNP on the door if there's an immediate map transition (with no closing doors).
Or, if the door sprites are in area tilesets, use SMP (shifts tile to previous one without smoke).

That's... from the top of my head though.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
I think that's it. I'll be keeping them to a minimum for this mod (because teleporters). You probably figured it out already but your Azehr problem can be solved by doing what you did for the Shori fight. Have a good evening, Kim.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Shiori and Azehr are incomparable, though I'm sure I just effed up some events in Azehr's case.
Besides, Shiori is also bugged in the multi-Igor fight (lava + bridge) so neither are really perfect.
At least Igor is a floor 16 boss in Apocalyptic Shadow.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
Well it'd at least it'll make Azehr less buggy. Also, how did you get multiple Igors (and give them all HP meters) considering BOA only allows one stage boss?
Regarding A.S, couldn't you just reuse O.L.V.A's Manibus (I doubt Dianke would care)?
Cibryll
Cibryll
For LS? I used one Igor entity for the main boss, and the other Igor entity for the others (setting it so that it can't be shot, I think). That's why Lunadine can't be harmed at first - after Shinica is beaten, I just switch to the other Igor entity.
Cibryll
Cibryll
As for AS, no - Igor Igorski Igoralfa Igorlak Igoratio Igorman Igorson (yes that's his full name) uses Igor's sprite and face pic. Two phases, incidentally, so no dual boss.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So that explains why Shinicia and Lunadine don't have their own HP bars. Also for A.S, you're just reusing Igor without modifications? That's a shame.
Since you're here, may I ask a few questions?
Cibryll
Cibryll
I remembered a post in the LS thread saying Igor would be missed, so I felt like bringing him back.

And... I guess, as long as they're not too personal.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
1) So what happened to Selena Daria canonically? (because Selenic Shadow isn't canon)
2) Is Apocalyptic Shadow the canon sequel to Lunar Shadow or not?
3) What if Serenity Horton had become a Castle Master?
4) Bloom Seymour?
Cibryll
Cibryll
1. She married a guy named Gilgamesh in 2016 and later had a daughter, Arcuied (named after Gilgamesh's great grandmother).
2. AS is canon but takes place in Dec '18. LS is in Jan '15, and LSX would've been Jan '17. LS ZERO would be Jan '13. All canon, with Victori D. Doragon (non-binary?) being the canon hero of AS.
3. Who knows. Anything can happen.
4. Resting in peace, probably.