Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Noxid
Noxid
who is responsible for responding to the prompts
PokeEngineer
PokeEngineer
So, like a Choose your own Adventure book? That's a neat idea. I personally would be more interested in a Telltale-like Cave Story mod.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
whoever created the thing would be responsible unless someone else wanted to do it and the person who created it didnt want to be responsible

I just think the ending would be cool and you could combine all the posts into one big thing so you could see your entire story and remember saying "hey i remember when I went back to grasstown and the sandzone"

and maybe if whoever was talking was really into it they could spice it up by adding some fun things like "the sandzone's air feels dry" (thats a bad example but you get the point something to spice it up instead of just walk to curly's house or something)
Brayconn
Brayconn
I'd play that, or at least watch/read. Maybe *you* should start that thread @Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
yay ill try to start it soon

I might make a really big bunch of rules paragraphs so everything makes sense and make sure nothing is boring so maybe i could add something like "first person to get the bad ending" or "most times completed the game" leaderboard things

hopefully noxid allows it because noxid is important guy

actually maybe i wont make too many paragraphs but still some so it makes sense but its not overcomplicated
Noxid
Noxid
you can do it
Walrus_Guy
Mint
Mint
Little fun fact there once was a twitch plays cave story.
I still sometimes talk to the guy that hosted that.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
I actually find this idea very interesting. Would the story be shown via video or screenshots?
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
I thought it would mainly be with words but adding a few screenshots would be cool too

Maybe for like a new area or something you could put a picture of that area
Or if someone was really really mega crazy they could take the story after they made it and turn it in to a video :O
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
maybe you could also unlock little secrets like you could unlock a secret if you checked a pot in the mimiga village or something like that

so maybe you could hunt for those clues (and the names of those secrets would be somewhere so you would have some idea for what you were looking for)
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
This is kinda cool, but how would you do enemy and boss encounters?
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
I'm not 100% sure I was thinking something more along the lines of you would choose which weapons you wanted to use and try to explain your strategy
regular enemy fights wouldn't become too in-depth, but maybe you could throw some luck in and every once on a while (especially the harder parts) you might die a few times (or if your strategy was something like try to run under balfrog instead of using the fans)