Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
its kind of funny when it does it it has really weird characters how do you even type that my keyboard doesn't have anything like that to type beep bop boop
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
if i want to announce an update or something am i allowed to double post

or can you just go on my game thing and say "neat" and then i can post again
BLink
BLink
It just spits out random characters because it's reading garbage data.

Also you can type those characters if you really wanted to. CS doesn't support unicode so you can't type all of them in CS per say, but it is possible on a PC to type nearly every character even without changing your language settings.

If you hold down ALT and press 4 keys on the number pad on the right side of your keyboard, it will make a special character. such as 7854 makes "«" and 2548 makes "⌠" you can play around with it if you want to find some cool random characters.
BLink
BLink
Double posting is a bad idea unless you haven't posted in the thread for about a week and nobody else has posted.

I would also suggest not updating anything unless it's bugfixes more often than once a week anyway, it gives you time to make your levels and overall content better in the first place. and then more people will enjoy your mod because of it.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
well i did fix a few bugs and i added a new level i made sure everything was good i think

is there anyway i can post in the thread if no one else posts
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
also that alt thing is weird i got a upside down exclamation point a 1/4 sign and a capital K

it seems to be random...
BLink
BLink
If you really need to post, I would suggest editing your last post, but hold off on it for a while and make your existing content more polished and enjoyable first.
BLink
BLink
It's not random, but I'm not sure where the list for all the characters is at the moment as I don't actually know the terminology of the listing method to look it up for you.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
ill share my game with you if you want
some things im not good at so please no comments like fix the multionline game central command system with the flying eagle that commands all maps to proceed because i don't know that stuffs yet or ever
BLink
BLink
lol I understand that it's not going to be some triple-A game with millions of dollars put into it. I'll be nice.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
yay thank you

i did put effort in though
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
regarding the double post issue, I'm pretty sure I heard from one of the admins that if you're making an update for your mod or something then it's fine because it isn't pointless.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
dont trust me though i may be wrong ask them yourself
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
ok i asked
is andwhyisit is an administrator?
BLink
BLink
Andwhyisit, and Double Think are admins.

Actually now that I actually think about it, is it "And why is it" or is it, "And why I sit" ??
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
i thought it was an dwh yisi t
Mint
Mint
Random fun fact infinite load loops crash the game.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
have you ever gotten that f%f#$&*g error thing?
Mint
Mint
Not from my own stuff for a long while now.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
It is "and why is it". Many, many years ago, when I set up an account for the first time, I was asking why my first choice of username was taken. My question was available as a username, so I ran with that.