Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
Looks nice. What did you use to draw it? Can't judge an artist 'til I know the software they use. From examination, it looks like you drew it pixel by pixel, without using tools, but it could just be that you resized the image and messed up the pixels, which is why the mouth looks so, uhh, pixely. I find the shading quite nice, but I can't quite judge the picture without knowing what you used to make it. If you drew it in MS Paint with a mouse, I'd rate it 7/10. If i was a drawing pen, then 6 out of 10. If you used PDN, you get a free two points, because Paint.net, which means it's a 9 with mouse. Without mouse it's a 7. If you used anything else, I can't judge it properly. Since I've never seen you other works, I wouldn't know how you improved, or if you did at all. Thank you.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
Dear cod that message was long.
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Yeah, you're improving!
As for getting better at drawing, there really isn't much other than do a lot of it every day. And read lots of tutorials. Even if you don't actively remember the steps, it'll feed your subconscious with the general intuition of an artist. And make sure you're passionate about drawing. And make sure you have fun, no matter what you end up drawing.
Cheers!
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Thank you for both replies, IdioticBaka I'll try to look at more tutorials, I generally work off of previous sprite sheets like Cavestory and Undertale. As for you VirtualBoy I used MSPaint because I'm super lazy and cheap, I used a mouse, pixel by pixel, and the mouth was more or less intentional, I'm still working on finding a mouth that suits my style, but I'll try to improve it. Thank you both so far so support and feedback it really helps!