Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Noxid
Noxid
So it was working once, but then you changed the script and it didn't work anymore?

The script itself looks fine, so I'll assume the problem is somewhere else. What map are these scripts in? If you have multiple copies of the game somewhere, are you making sure to edit/play the right one? Did you make sure to do like, save-all to make sure changes to the exe were made as well?

Also i'll level with you, those guides are a bit out of date and I haven't gotten around to making new ones but Booster's Lab is the editor that's used mostly now, I wrote it from scratch and am actively(ish) maintaining it. You can try using that instead but you need to have Java installed to run it.
Lichzim
Lichzim
The only script is in Arthurs house. I also have 2 copies of cave story. That might be the problem. I'll delete one and keep the other.
UPDATE: Yes I do have Java installed. Also by deleting the other version...it was absolutley no help. It still didnt work. I'll install fraps and email you (if you can give me your email) a video of what I do. And yes. It worked once. And that was it. I have legitimatley no reason as of to why it might do this other than Im on windows 10. Also. Whenever I visit this site norton thinks its dangerous and the norton site says it contains viruses...I hope to god this site isnt dangerous and that norton is just being weird.
Noxid
Noxid
yeah it seems like whatever your start map was got changed / reverted so make sure that's set correctly
Lichzim
Lichzim
it was. I got rid of every entity, made the house, made the chest, made the door, and wrote the script. Everytime I check it its the same thing I made it has. HOW and I mean HOW am I messing this up.