Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

DoubleThink
DoubleThink
That worked a treat actually, thanks. The main problem I still find is that once the flamethrower ammo gets worn down you have to use almost all of what's left to deal with the skulls in between recharging. It doesn't recharge if you try to switch to the sword either. It's manageable now that I'm doing 3 damage but it would've been a real pain if I were still doing 2 due to lower level or worse stat gains.
Hina
Hina
i can't really make it recharge while holstered because lol i just don't think that'd work wonders but yeah flamethrower is supposed to be pretty weak but spammable, it honestly becomes better later in the game, meanwhile i advise staying with blastgun because it's the most powerful gun so far in terms of dps; rolling flamer early might cause problems. oh well i might have to rebalance it at one point but i really think it's pretty alright
even with 2 damage... wait did the game treat you that badly or were you just low-leveled
because i know you're not supposed to grind and everything should be possible even with the random stats

ehh i'll need to make the levelup thing rebalanced as well so you can't roll 1+1+1 but instead if you get 1at 1df you get 4hp or something so nobody gets hurt

i'll think about everything eventually
sorry about the monologue :V
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
I got there at level 5 (Kayya was the same I think), beat it at level 7. You could probably just make Redgon's growths 2-4 instead of 1-4 because 1's are what really suck.
Hina
Hina
yeah, i guess that'd work. thanks for the feedback
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
Glad to help

Now I can't figure out how to get back to segment two, I've looked everywhere D:
Hina
Hina
wait so where are you? because that boss fight was in segment two

have you already finished the third segment or what
are you superfast sanic