Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Polaris
Polaris
Who am I trying to assure with these introspections, anyway? I should hope that I've done enough to assure long-unapproached friends that "it's not you, it's me" is very much in effect. Most people don't care about the Grand Gallery, and the ones that do will know that long hiatuses are not uncommon in its history. Many people know by know that I'm aware of my issues, very open about them, and ask for help when I need to. But the latter isn't the case here - I'm happy and healthy, getting along, and the only one who can feel the rain on my skin is myself, so to speak. It is no longer 2013, and I am not that curious blend of closed off and active that I once was. If anything, I've flip flopped!...and I should cease to keep apologizing for my new activity structure of ebbs and flows. I don't like it, but that is reality, and accepting it as such could help with my overarching paralysis, giving whatever I can to fight against my complacency without the need to qualify it for my own motivation (as I'm doing now, I realize). Perhaps, at last, the time has come to simply shut up and jam. :o
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Umm... I have a feeling you said something genuinely interesting here and I'd like to know more, but I'm finding it hard to understand. Do you mind doing a TL;DR?
Polaris
Polaris
@IdioticBaka1824 I'm happy, healthy, and doing well in school and at home, but I've also been chronically lazy since October and I'm not doing what I want to with my time. I have a tendency to make long posts detailing how I'm feeling, what's going on and how I want to handle my issues in the short term, but since friends and acquaintances have heard it all before, it would be best to stop that, accept that I'm going to be active in starts and stops for the foreseeable future, and focus my energies on being good again whenever I have the time and resolve.
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Oh well. That's a nice thing, I guess. Hope all goes well.
Mint
Mint
Long posts sometimes can be nice to read, instead of most posts where you can just have to look one second at.
Just make sure you feel comfortable with posting those, seeing you feel better now and all.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
It's called procrastination, and everyone suffers from it to some degree.
Polaris
Polaris
But my procrastination is worse than everyone else's procrastination! And it doesn't even matter if that's true, because I have to believe it. There's lots I want to get done, and so far in my life one of the only methods that have ever worked to get me back on track is to get fed up with myself.
Raus
Raus
Polaris, remember how you've said how I do so many activities? The thing is, even if it may not be apparent, I only manage that because for every new thing I start, I drop bunch of others in the process. I am the /pinnacle/ of procrastination, with my uncountable projects on an unknown permanent hiatus...but I don't let that hinder me, some notable things have come from it.