Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Tpcool
Tpcool
Well I think it has to do with how certain monitors react to Cave Story at full screen. It's an old game so weird stuff is bound to happen. And people just don't like the stretched graphics in general, I guess.

However, I do think it's mostly unwarranted. I love playing mods at fullscreen myself, and I know there are plenty of people on this forum who do as well. It kinda sucks how there's a negative stigma attached to full screen Cave Story.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
I connect it to my tv and the graphics properly translate to fullscreen, which is cool.
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
What @Tpcool said is definitely part of it, but also I sometimes will only play a mod for a few minutes (even though I should probably be playing longer) and fullscreen just has this idea of playing for like a half hour to an hour attached to it.
Also, although I'm not sure if this is an issue with CS (haven't played it in fullscreen for a while), fullscreen usually breaks things, like when you want to Alt+Tab.
CookedChef
CookedChef
if the aspect ratio didn't stick to your screen it would be fine
mckgamer
mckgamer
Windows 10 doesn't stretch it. It fit's it to the height of your screen and keeps it 4:3. Although, the thing is it is such an old game that many computers won't even run it at full screen. Including my school computers... don't ask how I know that.
Noxid
Noxid
can't multitask, it takes like 10+ seconds for the display drivers to figure themselves out, it looks bad sometimes, breaks stuff, theres a lot of reasons to not like it