Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Xemous
Xemous
>Yes | No
tlo
tlo
@Xemous I was gonna say something, but that comment is literally just brilliant.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
The answer is 0. Since 0 can be multiplied into 0 parts then 0 divided into 0 can only be 0. If you asked what 1 divided by 0 was then that would be infinity. But 0 divided by 0 can only be 0, this is basic logic.

However most systems have safeguards against division by 0, so in Quote's case he may be able to know the answer if someone told him, but he may not understand the logic behind it.
Raus
Raus
@andwhyisit - I have to partially disagree that 0/0 =
only equals 0. Starting off, 1/x approaches infinity as x approaches 0, pretty simple. But the case of 0/0 is an oddball one as we don't have an intuitive way of figuring it out. 0/0 = x can be rearranged to 0 = 0x, which means x can be anything. (Infinity as an upper limit isn't the answer, but infinity as a sum of all real numbers is a plausible answer.) This leaves 0/0 as undefined, or in an indeterminate form. (You can look at x/x as x approaches 0 it equals 1.)
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Try 0/x, the same logic for determining infinity except with 0 as the divided number, and slowly bring x closer to 0. The only answer is 0. One of the most basic laws of the universe is that you cannot create something from nothing.
Kenzo_ITN
Kenzo_ITN
I completely forgot.

0/0=0

Hahahahaha i'm dumb.

I was just wondering what would happen if I asked him a #/0 equation.