Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Random-storykeeper
Random-storykeeper
Oh, you mean the Deck the Halls one? Yeah, I'd love to hear it!

Man, you reminded me I need to get mine done soon. I started mine but it's slow and over 3 minutes long...we're boiling down to the wire here and I think I gotta start over. :'D
Jazz Jackalope
Jazz Jackalope
Ohh boy. Godspeed! Good luck! I really don't wanna win that contest just because I had the good fortune to be working on Christmas-themed pieces before everyone else.

As for Deck the Halls, here it is! http://thornbush.monarch-pass.net/DecktheHalls.org
Random-storykeeper
Random-storykeeper
Yeah, I would hate to win by default because no one else submitted an entry. It's just this contest ends...three days after my exams are done! D:

Anyways, I listened to the ORG. It sounds jazzy, which is cool. I love how you played around with the rhythm in bar 0. The notes are measure 7 sound a bit off from what most arrangements do. I wasn't sure if that was done intentionally, since it does sort of work in favour of making the piece a bit more jazzy. I think it would have been more ideal just to keep the original notes, however.
Jazz Jackalope
Jazz Jackalope
Hmm, thanks. I was sorta going for a peppy elevator music dealy-o, and I prefer to put a unique spin on preexisting pieces if I can. Not sure if I meant for that specific effect, though (music novice).

If I may, do you think I should stick with Rock of Ages as my submission, or swap it out?
Random-storykeeper
Random-storykeeper
Hard to say. Rock of Ages has more of a unique sound to it and doesn't rely too much on sine waves for the lead (which seems to be your thing) so I think it's fine. And it does make people more aware of the diversity of Christmas/holiday music out there. Personally I like "Deck the Halls" a bit more, perhaps because it's more familiar to me, but I think overall it really comes down to which one you think you've done best.