Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

BLink
BLink
He came across, at least to me, was very nice and made contributive posts toward the community. (such as NICE) I realise I'm not active much around these parts but we did sorta start to pal around and get along and I saw no ill intentions from him...
GIRakaCHEEZER
GIRakaCHEEZER
Okay it's a bit complicated but here's a short break down of some of the events leading up to his ban.
1) Q3 tells hiino via a public VM that he is "sorry for him". Q3 doesn't give any explanation for this, so this confuses people (and people comment on the status), and when asked why he was "sorry for hiino", he replied only with "because he is french". I'd link you to these VMs, but I believe q3 has since taken them down. Something also happened where q3 was tagging AtTheShows in the conversation, but I don't remember that part too well/it wasn't as immediately relevant.
2) Behind the scenes, I send q3 a PM asking him to "stop being mean" and to tell him he can't say he's sorry for people with little to no explanation. There's a bit of back and forth here, but things end on a generally stable note.
3) Some time later, q3 asks/tells Kim Tyranto to not follow him, for no given reason via a public VM. Naturally, this causes some backlash towards q3 as asking this publicly tarnishes Kim's reputation, and just looks mean on q3's part. This message might still be on Kim's profile, or maybe it was deleted.
4) In response to this, q3 continues his PM conversation with me (and now including Noxid, who I added before) saying "when will people stop being mean to me", referring to the backlash he received from his VM on Kim's profile. We then try to explain to him that maybe leaving that VM was not a nice thing to do, especially without giving any reason whatsoever for doing so, but he says, and here I quote him, that "If I don't want to explain something, people should accept that however.". Furthermore, he says we mods are doing a terrible job here, and says that we don't explain things enough in the following statement: "Yet instead of trying to explain things or really improve them, you just issue bans, warnings and threats to users.". I mention these 2 statements directly because they sort of show his hypocrisy here. But then he also includes a conversation he had with AndWhy in this PM, where he asks if he can become a mod, and AndWhy rejects him because a) it's against the rules to ask, and b) we have enough mods right now. In reference to his conversation with AndWhy, he says "This community is a joke.". There's some more back and forth after this where we try to explain to him why he might be in the wrong, but he continues to tell us that we're poor moderators and how everything is terrible here and everyone is terrible to him. So to put this all to an end, we ban him. I was hoping we'd be able to explain things to him and he'd improve his behavior, but he just wasn't showing any signs of changing. Maybe he'll be better once his ban's over (in a year or so).
Nothing
Nothing
It sounds like he was deserving of a ban, but a year seems a bit harsh in my opinion.
Cibryll
Cibryll
@GIRakaCHEEZER - that's strange; I never got a VM from him (or any notifications related to it). =o
Mint
Mint
I do remember him starting a conversation with me about who [Redacted] was in Attheshows's post on my profile.
The post(although not the conversation) has been deleted for a unknown reason(might either be attheshows or an admin/mod), but I think it was;
Take everything [Redacted] says with a grain of salt, friendo.
I still don't know why it happened, but oh well.
SuperJaws100
SuperJaws100
Was all that really a huge deal? It sounds like he just said a few things meant as a joke or something, or maybe he had an argument with Kim or something or she said something that offended him, and he felt embarrassed about sharing it. I think you're all over-reacting to a few things that seem rather... negligible? Unimportant? IDK that's just me... a day would be satisfactory, a year though...
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
nah he was being pretty terrible in numerous cases
even after people telling him to stop he did pretty much nothing
I severely doubt getting banned for a day would've helped anyone
BLink
BLink
@GiR, I see, It is kinda sad to see him have to leave considering he had a lot of potential. I mean I wasn't much different when I started here.

I do think there are some issues with the methods of the moderation team (because everyone is human and imperfect and not everyone takes things the same way) but it's not anything big enough to cause a riot. *shrugs*

I think a year is still a bit to long... idk I would ask kindly for it to be taken down to 6 months but then again I wouldn't have to deal with anything if crap hits the fan when he comes back.
GIRakaCHEEZER
GIRakaCHEEZER
@Kim Tyranto It must have been taken down before you even had a chance to see it: http://i.imgur.com/uE3EB9P.png

@SuperJaws100 the above explanation is a TL;DR of the incident. It's really the contents of our PM (the back and forth, trying to explain things to him and his outright refusal to accept any responsibility for his actions while continuing to blame everyone else) that ultimately led to his ban. I'd have to show you the PMs themself for you to truly understand, but Noxid thinks we shouldn't share those publicly.
Mint
Mint
You know, I really haven't seen q3 as a mean person (aside from that one profile post to @Kim Tyranto ), in fact, he was really nice to me.
I think that he might be in a little depression though, I hope he wont take his temp ban too serious, a year for a temp ban is pretty heavy.
Then again most of us didn't know what was happening behind the scenes, so yeah...
Yinga
Yinga
Part of the reason some people might not remember q3 acting like a dick is because comment chains and PMs where he was acting like a dick were either deleted or kept private
gamemanj
gamemanj
"because hiino was french"...
keep in mind recent large acts of terrorism. At least at point 1), q3hardcore could have been acting legitimately sorry and or worried for Hiino's relatives/friends/other potentially affected people.
3) doesn't make a bit of sense, though it's what triggers 4) - it seems that really 1) and 2) aren't even related to the issue. If 1) and 2) are the basis for your idea that he's a hypocrite... In theory you could say that not having to go right out and state "recently there was a large terrorist act in Paris" because it's a rather awful event would be a reason not to explain.
However, 3) is... a puzzle. I'm not even quite sure how 1) and 2) are related to 3) and 4).
Kim Tyranto hasn't actually seen this, so we have no idea what it would have meant, and you don't quite explain how it "tarnishes Kim's reputation".
TBH, it doesn't quite make sense. Presumably there was some reason for it, but that reason's now quite unknown to us subservient commoners.
Presumably with 3), q3hardcore made some bad mistake.
As for why the *mods* would have to explain things, they're the mods - they're the people with the ban command. The ban command is a lot different from a message - it gets rid of people.
Presumably, q3hardcore had some reason to believe he was in the right, else when the mods reacted negatively, he wouldn't have seen this as a failure of the mods.
Basically, I'm of the "1-year is a bit over the top, it just looks like something escalated to the point where he started insulting mods and that's when they got annoyed and threw a random banhammer they had laying around, and 1) was actually meant to be feeling sorry for hiino due to relatively recent events which could have had an effect on hiino" viewpoint.