Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Mint
Mint
Dephends on what you mean with tonight.
It happens in the morning for me.
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
Saw three at once, and just recently I saw one post on a thread rather than make a new one.
Mint
Mint
I think they are getting smarter, there was even one whose username was john cena with some numers somewhere.
Bionicobot
Bionicobot
And his name is johncena6969!
Mint
Mint
I think it was 42, might be wrong though...
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
All the more reason to put in Google's reCaptcha if it can be done.
FDeityLink
FDeityLink
Google's reCaptcha is easy for humans but hard for bots. It always involves clicking some button that I guess isn't detectable by bots, and then sometimes there's a pretty easy question (like I once had to identify which images had cake).
Mint
Mint
I remember one site needing a actual puzzle (I think it was like jigsaw) to create an account.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
I switched to Google's reCaptcha quite a while back. It still hasn't fixed the bot problem.
Goerge Bobicles
Goerge Bobicles
Damn I swear I'm seeing them every night now
Mint
Mint
How did you just recently noticed this? Is has been like this for weeks now. Maybe months.
Goerge Bobicles
Goerge Bobicles
Some only notice details after a while, the majority are usually gotten rid of by our admin before anyone notices
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
One thing I love about XF is that it makes dealing with spambots and everything they produce so easy.
Mint
Mint
@Goerge Bobicles ,yeah, not everybody is awake at the same time, and one's night is the other's daytime. I guess me living in Europe somehow makes me able to see it happen more easily.

@andwhyisit but isn't it better if you prevent the issue instead of dealing with it?
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
What do you take me for? Nothing I have done has kept them out. The only thing I can suggest is that actual humans are doing the registration for the bots.
Mint
Mint
Hmm, you are right...
Well, im not saying dealing with it is bad per sé, its better than nothing.
Ill see if I can come up with some suggetions.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Now I'm kinda jealous of this forum, to be honest…
Goerge Bobicles
Goerge Bobicles
your jealous that you don't get enough spambots?
Cibryll
Cibryll
I'm jealous I don't get ANY spambots.