Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

DoubleThink
DoubleThink
Hooray \o/ Let me know how you go.
Polaris
Polaris
I hope that this massive bump isn't too bothersome! It turns out that it was not the emulator but the rom patching that prevented Mystic Ark from working on my phone, and now that I've switched it over and obtained a smidge more dedication, significantly more progress has been made! I'm now in the monster infested Kidsdom Mansion. To be honest, random encounters and most bosses alike haven't been much of a challenge, so I fear that I'm overleveled, but the general lack of difficulty hasn't hampered the experience. (And Reeshine dealing over 300 damage to the Aqua Hydra with a Yell-boosted Kick can only be attributed to how cool she is.)

Mystic Ark has consistently been one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I love the party system and how useful everyone is, even if the uneven experience invokes my leveling anxiety. The way that the plot-important Arks have significant helpful effects is just one of so many smart design choices, and it's been a pleasure seeing (almost) every puzzle through to its end. Even generally unimportant things like the Book of Happiness' trolling strikes me as smartly crafted and makes me smile. It's been a lovely time, and I'm happy to know that I have so much of the game to go. c:
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
You may be a little overlevelled by the sound of it, although World 3 is probably the easiest part of the game. The challenge should start to pick up again toward the end of world 4. Really happy you're enjoying it :D