Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Tpcool
Tpcool
nice, but don't you start with 10 HP?
i need to do a pre-hooktail run of the pit, that's the ultimate test.
BLink
BLink
Yes you do, but I lowered it to 5 with the help of the Stat tweaking guy in the underground.

That is really, really hard, especially because you don't have many good badges/attacks yet, even if you can grind of the foes in the pit.

It didn't really get difficult for me until the 90th floor, cause I can't kill multiple foes in a single strike anymore, and one must be wary of the amazie dazies, and the poison puffs can make themselves undamage-able without special attacks if they charge.

With my danger rushes, the close calls, and the last stands, you have a 80% of attacks missing you and an attack needs to be higher than 23 (If I don't guard/super guard) to kill me in one hit. (I think the highest known attack in the game is 14 w/out charge badges) That's on top of the Lucky starts, and the Happy hearts/Happy flowers filling me up constantly. and I had two unsimplifiers and the L emblem for no particular reason.

iirc I only used two Honey syrups, one Lifeshroom (partner fainted), and a spicy soup. and no recovery special moves.

Also my attack was like, 22 (split into two jump attacks of 11) with the defense weakening badges.

I am invincible.
Tpcool
Tpcool
The first time I beat the Pit, I used sooo many Power Rushes and so it was pathetically easy. Like, you could finish literally every floor in one turn if you have a badge like the Multibounce and don't level up (so your health doesn't go back to 10, but that wouldn't matter in your case). When doing the Pit pre-hooktail, I think you basically just need to be really good at superguarding and managing your FP for Sweet Treat. It sounds really tough though, and getting past the 90s seems nearly impossible.
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
...I haven't beaten bonetail...
Tpcool
Tpcool
! SCRUB ALERT !
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
Actually, I never even made it to him. Pit of 100 Trials is just too long, I probably could if I actually played for that long. My Paper Mario TTYD has been with my three Gamecube games I am yet to finish just so I can finally finish that part. I was not very good at RPGs as a kid I put all my upgrades into HP which is why I'm at 100 now but I totally don't regret that it was actually quite helpful
Tpcool
Tpcool