Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
Well hwhut are you ashamed of?
Spirit
Spirit
Not being brave.
Yinga
Yinga
Think of your fear from a much broader and analytic perspective. Think to yourself, this is _____ I'm scared of. Think deeply about what it is, almost to the degree of condescendence. Don't be too immersed. What you're really scared of, in that situation, is what you're presented with head-on. Think about it. It's sonic. Sonic isn't inherently scary. It's because of the environment you're in, with the scary music and slow movement, in combination with the tension of not dying that's really scaring you. Relax, there's rarely much consequence in everyday fear.
Spirit
Spirit
Okay, so basically earlier I just divided the Horror genre into four sections:
Creepy music. In most cases, if you remove the music from a horror game it is less scarier, but since that is not the case with most modern games--and plus it ruins the enrichment--it's better to just keep it on. Most horror games use the music to their advantage, making eerie tunes or creepy piano sounds or whatnot. If you were to just turn it into a more jolly tune or just ignore it, it would be significantly less scarier.
Scary-looking Creatures/Enemies: They're only looking that way because the game wants to scare you. I just keep thinking that they want to give you something or wanting to do something with you. For example, I was thinking that maybe Sonic was only coming after me in that one level because he wanted me to go to a party they were throwing with the whole Sonic gang. (dontkillme)
So when he reaches me, he throws a smoke bomb and I disappear, initially meaning to go to the party. But instead I get teleported to the entrance of the Mansion, and that's not what Sonic wanted so he keeps trying to reach me and make me go to the part.
Jumpscares: Initially, they, the game, only wants to scare you and make you scream. Steeling yourself at all times is a good idea, and an example I cooked up is that, in the ending where Sonic.exe has that jumpscare (on the left side of the starting point) he's just wanting to bring you to the party...oh wait...maybe he WANTS YOU to FIND the party, like, by yourself...so basically he's just wanting you to find the party in a game of hide-and-seek! So when he says "I got you" and "You shouldn't have done that..." he's really just kind of mad at you for leaving and not finding the party.
It's just a game: That's all it is. A game. It's not contributing to the real world, it isn't in the real world, nope, just in the game. That's all. It. Is.
Do you like my analysis cause I spent a long time on it.
Yinga
Yinga
You have...quite the vivid imagination, I gotta say.
To be honest, (and this is strictly personal, it varies tremendously from person to person) jump scares can't ever scare me unless there's some tension or buildup leading up to it. If a jumpscare does scare me, like in Alien or Jaws, it's because the writing and direction allowed for audience to get uneasy beforehand, confusing them of what's to come next. Not that Bombchu didn't do a good job with either, but George's cameo didn't really surprise me, I've gotten sick of anything even remotely close to Sonic .exe, and Curly's ending card was more amusing that it was actually frightening.

Your analysis is well done, and while I think the party elements are a bit overkill, hey, whatever works for you.