Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Tpcool
Tpcool
don't say that around the mm2 fanboys THEY HATE MM4
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
They do? Why? I liked MM2 a lot and I'm enjoying MM4.
Tpcool
Tpcool
From my experience of being around a lot of people who like MM on YouTube, I believe it's mostly nostalgia. Many NES gamers had MM2 and MM3, but since 4-6 came out when the SNES was popular, they were largely ignored until more convenient means of playing them came about (emulators, Virtual Console). Go to almost any review for MM4, I can almost guarantee they'll say that *this* is the game that started the trend of the declining quality of the Classic series (or at least implies it). Many people really don't like the Charge Shot, and while yeah I guess it's grating on the ears after some time I it's a fantastic addition to Mega Man's arsenal of weapons. Honestly I think that people who hadn't played MM2 or 3 as a child are more capable of enjoying the other games in the Classic series. oof whatever though i get too heated about mm stuff anyway just make your own fair assessment of the game.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
I honestly thought that MM4-6 are still pretty solid games compared to the other 3. It reminds me abit of how MMBN (MegaMan Battle Network)4 how it was a bad game, but I loved it. So I think it's still a great, it just came out at the wrong time.
Tpcool
Tpcool
I've only ever played BN6. I guess I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I was confused the entire way. Not really my type of game. I have heard that BN4 is the worst of the games from a few sources, but I'm not really sure about the reasoning behind it.
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
I've never played any of the Battle Network games, but I heard they were all bad after 3. But I haven't actually played it, and I heard the same thing about MM4-6, and I've been liking 6, so I guess it could be good. Also, I'm using the Anniversary Collection to play this, so I guess it's easier for me to appreciate it? But hwhut do you mean by "it was a bad game, but I loved it"?
Tpcool
Tpcool
What console are you playing the Anniversary Collection on?
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
Gamecube. Any reason you ask?
ShinyElectricBlueTiger
ShinyElectricBlueTiger
tpcool have you ever considered that some people just hate the number 4
Tpcool
Tpcool
yes of course sebti but i've never found many real, objective complaints outside of the few nitpicks i don't consider that problematic. i understand people hate 4 outside of nostalgia but i just seem to come across a lot of people where nostalgia is the case. forgive me if i sound whiny or like i'm exaggerating but it just feels this way to me.

@Nameless: how do you play with swapped controls please just how
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
I guess I just got used to them? I didn't play pretty much any other 2D platformers on the Gamecube (I did play Sonic, but all the buttons do the same thing) So I guess I never thought of it as inverted? I think I did when I bought it but I got fairly used to it. If I get the X Collection at any point, I'm definitely getting it on PS2, since I have a PS3 now and I didn't have one when I bought the anniversary collection.
ShinyElectricBlueTiger
ShinyElectricBlueTiger
Trigger warning: the number 4
Thatnamelessguy
Thatnamelessguy
Well, I'm almost done with Mega Man 4. It's pretty good up to the Cossack and Wily levels. Cossack levels were okay, but a lot of the sections in the Wily levels were complete bullshit. I'm on the boss rush now, which would be a lot easier if Drill Man was slightly easier. But yeah, it's pretty good. Is Mega Man 5 as good? Or is that where it starts to get bad?
Tpcool
Tpcool
Even though MM5 is my all-time favorite, from an objective standpoint it's a step down from MM4. Weapons are really fun to use once you know how to use them, but are mostly impractical and awkward your first time around (Charge Shot is waaaay OP in MM5 anyway). Bosses are on about the same level as MM4 mostly but they start to vary once you get to the fortress stages. Some stages have cool gimmicks some are bland and some are normal yeah all types of stages here. Music and graphics get progressively better with the NES series for me. Overall, I think you'll enjoy it just as much if not a little less than MM4.