Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Polaris
Polaris
Colors and sunshine, flowers and grace,
Was yesterday seen as my one soul's sweet longing.
But time, for its honesty, showed me my niche,
And physical beauty, I lack.

Shadows and moonlight, wistful embrace,
Was 'fore that day known as my spirit's great need.
Reason and hope intervened and I learned that
a creature of darkness, I'm not.

And only today, in bright blessed faith,
Is knowledge then known of my self and its nature.
All of the old things are living and true,
and in them I'm whole now, and new.
Polaris
Polaris
[Write about your favorite food. No limits.]

The best thing I could possibly eat, hm...

One of my favorite foods is tacos. And a secret haven of the best tacos I've ever had is in Elgin. A little flea market we once inhabited, but in the corner lies an unassuming restaurant. The carne asada is of heavenly flavor, the tortilla is just the right size and bursting with the flavorful meat. The cheese is thick, loosely strewn, and incredibly good, and the entire experience is garnished with the awesome lime juice to round it out and give it just the right punch. These are the greatest tacos ever, and I know my stuff when it comes to them. I once had them with Jarritos Limon, but the carbonated soda sucked away the flavor and left my mouth dry. Perhaps it'd be better to eat them without anything to drink. I love beautiful scenes, and the pink comforter over the window in my room provides a heavenly rose light pouring warmly into the space. Sitting calmly in my room, as the light begins to enter and the morning begins to rise, eating those tacos, perhaps with a lovely YouTube video to watch...I can think of no better scene.
Polaris
Polaris
[Write about what you would do with $100. No limits.]

As $100 blows by my nose...

I blink. Those $15 headphones, the best of the miniature bunch, that $30 Pokémon game, that $20 memory stick, that $30 leather jacket. And pizza. I am young, I am fallible. I have no forced responsibilities towards the world, to my country, just yet. This same $100 will be a drop in the bucket of college expenses, of taxes, of bills. Better to use it now, when it means so much more, when it can be used for so much, for things I will hold dear for a long while to come.

And yet...

I blinked. I watch the $100 flutter beyond my nose, riding on the west wind to another destiny in this beautiful autumn world. I am young, I am fallible. But I know that $100 can mean intimately more to some unknown face in some unknown place.

I watch it tumble and walk to my home.
Polaris
Polaris
I looked at my room one day...

★★★

A nest of wires
Perverts this place
Your temple-esque space
Fallen from grace.

★★★
5:00, haiku. GO

What a lovely dawn!
A beautiful city of
iridescent life~

★★★

Hm.

This...

All this that has happened to me.

Was it worth it?

Can I be forgiven for all of this, if indeed it is sin?

I'm not sure.

But I think...

I think all that has happened...

the philosophy,

the odd feelings,

the hopes and faiths,

the higher truths,

the unique personality I've developed,

the world I have built for myself out of fiction and reality...

I think

it might be something very beautiful after all.
Polaris
Polaris
Yes, I've been doin' some writing recently. :v
duncathan
duncathan
ooh
this is good
I especially liked that little story in the answer to the 100$ question, that's only slightly there, but the suddlety of which makes it so much better.