Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Tpcool
Tpcool
I did play it, but to be completely honest, I didn't like it too much more than HHS. That's primarily why I didn't say anything, because I don't think much has changed since HHS. It's loaded with fantastic concepts and neat weapons, but design-wise it's still very bland and not very well thought out. If you really really want, I can give you an in-depth analysis like I did with HHS, but I get the feeling you would rather me not since it doesn't look like you tried taking any of my advice that I gave you before...
Hina
Hina
Looks like I can never become better.
Maybe I should just resign...
Or stick to Delta...
Tpcool
Tpcool
No no no Randolf buddy pal you can't just quit like that. You keep on trying until you eventually become better, quitting isn't beneficial for anybody! I hate giving you my honest opinion because I really don't want you to lose motivation for the great things that do come out of your hard work. Don't say you can't become better, that's not true for anybody in any scenario.
Hina
Hina
..the part that struck me most was that it hasn't changed from HHs. I thought it was better, because I lowered the pseudo-difficulty and amount of enemies, and kind of balanced the HP and damage, and brought some REAL difficulty, but it seems I clearly failed...

Ehh, I try, and try, and if you don't see changes, I believe there aren't any...
At least I have Operation Delta: Space Attack. It's the only project that hasn't failed miserably yet.

I won't abandon others, though.
Tpcool
Tpcool
OK you know what I was incorrect in saying that, because you're absolutely right when you say that you lowered the amount of enemies. I think the problem is that I found no incentive to actually kill them, not that there's too many of them. I'd be lying if I said it isn't better than HHS, I just kinda played through it quickly the first time so I didn't notice some of the things you did. I hope this sort of clears things up.
Hina
Hina
Would random drops work? Like, bonuses of some sort? Power-ups?
Tpcool
Tpcool
You're on the right track, but my issue for not killing them might just be related to the health and weapons. I find that because of the low fire-rate for the guns and the powerful enemies, it is faster AND safer to just skip over them. I remember using the second wizard's first weapon, it doesn't have a great rate of fire and most of the enemies don't die in one or two hits. If I stand there shooting at the enemy, I might lose some health. Avoiding the enemy altogether gets rid of the risk because they're so easy to avoid. Please correct me if I'm incorrect with any of my information, I'm typing this off the top of my head. I might have to play it again to be more specific.
Hina
Hina
So I assume I need more powerful/quicker weapons and/or weaker enemies, then. Hmm, that actually could work...

I'll lower the HP of <span class='bbc_underline'>some</span> enemies, then. Especially on Mimics. I'll leave others as they are for now... I'll see if they do much trouble to others. Thanks for help.
Tpcool
Tpcool
Yes, I think that could really make a difference. Good luck on polishing it up, I will definitely play it again when you make some changes.
Hina
Hina
By the way, what could be Lyron's sceondary weapon?
He's a melee fighter, and his primary weapon is a short-ranged throwing hatchet with random damage (2-8 at first, 6-16 when it starts falling, 20 when it reaches certain speed).

Any ideas?
Tpcool
Tpcool
Haha, I'm honored that you would ask me to help with that. Well, I think that a medium-range boomerang type weapon could be interesting to work with.
Hina
Hina
Like, toss-and-return? To be honest, I was also thinking about that.

No idea how I should do it, but I'll do it. Thanks.
Tpcool
Tpcool
No problem. It doesn't necessarily have to return to the player, but rather just to the same position from where it was fired.
Hina
Hina
It would be a great hit 'n' run weapon when someone chases you.

I don't know yet which variant will I do. But return-to-player would require more work, and it would be more functional, though.