Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Hina
Hina
I think I went a bit overkill...

Yesterday, I spent about three hours on ASM'ing + testing. And nearly one and a half hour today. And what I got?

*Eye Thing Eggs
Every creature tries to survive, right? These ones make big egg-like things on the ground, and lay their eggs inside. If you shoot it, three Eye Thingies (not to be confused with Eye Things) come out and attack you. The eggs themselves are bouncy!
HP: 10
Damage: -
Exp: 4

*Invinciblity Trigger
Even wanted to become invincible at will, even for short time? This will surely help you. A pentagram-like sign appears above your head and follows you, indicating you're ready to use it. Press W and enjoy your ±3 seconds invinciblity! Cooldown between uses: 10 seconds (including invinciblity time).

*Angry Mimic
Even chests sometimes are mad are something! These ones jump out of lava and perform quick jumps towards you. They're hard to hit, yet they deal high damage.
HP: 25
Damage: 12? (may be lowered)
Exp: 10

*multiple health drops
Enemies now have different health drop system. Each one has its own drop value, but the dropped amount of HP may vary. You have 10% chance to drop 2x Base HP and 5% to drop 3x Base HP. For example, Mimic has 8 base HP drop. You can drop either 8 HP, 16 HP (10% chance) or 24 HP (5% chance) from him.

And that's all. What do you guys think? Am I on the right path?
Tpcool
Tpcool
Man, this sounds amazing. The only thing I'm concerned with is the enemy health, as I don't want to be standing there shooting at them forever like in HHS. Everything you have right now sounds really awesome on paper, and I'm really curious as to how it will play!
Hina
Hina
Enemies usually take about 3-4 hits, depending on the character and attack. That is not bad yet, I think.

Have you checked the early demo I posted few days ago?
Tpcool
Tpcool
No, I haven't. Where can I find it?